Next Thread
Print Thread
#585094 Sun Dec 07 2014 09:50 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
There were not many Ottowa gas pumps in our area, which companies or areas in the US were these seen? Looking to do one and do not want to do something totally out of wack.

Image174.jpg

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The only thing I have ever found on Ottawa were ads in NPN. The ads started 1n 1924 and ended in 1928.
They did sell other items: Air stand, barrel pumps, Oil Dispensers and air compressors. The compressor was probably made by someone else and just had their name on it. Same with the air post, the other things they probably made. I believe they were a small company probably selling most of their pumps in the Kansas area.

Your pump appears to be similar to the one they advertised in 1928. It states the pump was available hand operated, air operated or a combination of the two. It also states it was available 10 gal. or 15 gal. The ad also the address of the company was in Ottawa and Pittsburgh, PA.

BTW, do you have a model number for this pump?

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Dec 08 2014 08:52 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #585340 Tue Dec 09 2014 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have been trying to get a Ottawa pump for awhile..I HAVE Ottawa hit-n-miss engines..the original co was in Ottawa Ks..we have a engine show there every yr and the original building is still there..they started off as the Warner fence co and went into engines later and of course pumps....you don`t see many of these pumps as they made very few..I`m sure they were in the midwest a lot but I have no info as having a plant in PA. they made a lot of different things on a small scale,and were not a big co...pumps were just a small portion on their business...so however you do it won`t effect.. anyone..they were just small and still don`t get a lot of recognition these days even in the engine world..I love them because they are a small co and anything they made was in short supply...I know a few collectors who have their pumps and you see different colors and of course un restored ones..a lot of pumps guys just don`t have them because they are so simple and not much to them..sorry I probably rambled on too much..
thanks Alan

I forgot to add that their original engine colors were solid red and solid green,some blue,so I have seen a lot of red one on the pumps,I don`t know if this info will help..

Last edited by VEEDOL_AL1; Tue Dec 09 2014 08:38 AM.

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved