Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#585593 Wed Dec 10 2014 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have a rodent damaged cable in a 20 year old pachislo machine that I gave my nephew. Does anyone have personal knowledge or experience with a parts supplier or repair service ? I have contacted several that I googled already.
Thanks, Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Catauladave #585612 Wed Dec 10 2014 06:43 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
What kind of "cable", Dave?
There are several on eBay under pachislo cable.
Dave

Dr Dave #585621 Wed Dec 10 2014 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
It is a multi-wire ribbon cable, but I believe that it is soldered to a board.Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Catauladave #585661 Thu Dec 11 2014 04:58 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
How about a picture please Dave? Any part number of manufacturer's mark on the cable?
Check out Microcenter or Fry's. Both have websites (http://www.microcenter.com/ and http://www.frys.com) and brick and mortar stores up this way. Both have a variety of cables and electronic parts.
I look to help you if I can my friend!!
Dave

Dr Dave #585664 Thu Dec 11 2014 05:27 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
My brother took the machine back to Knoxville and I have had trouble getting him to cooperate. LOL He thought that he could take care of it himself, but was running into dead ends. I appreciate the help Dr. Dave. I really do.
I won this machine at the 1st jukebox show in Atlanta in 1995(?). You tore off your ticket stub when you entered. After the show we went to the Varsity and I ended up face down in the parking lot with a blown out disc at L 4/5. After Grady sent me home I was in the hospital in Columbus after surgery and my then wife asked me what I had bought. I told her nothing. I had sold a bunch of Seeburg 3WI wallboxes to Paul Beichler of Home Arcade in Illinois. I had gotten them from a nine fingered black operator in South Alabama. We became good friends and he later told me that a "wine head" had dropped a pool table on it.He said that whenever he moved machines or tables that he would go by the liquor store and pick up some "help". No big deal...he had 9 more. Sorry for that side story... He was a great guy. Anyway...thanks again and I will post photos if that goof of a brother will send them to me. Thanks, Dave

Last edited by Catauladave; Thu Dec 11 2014 05:29 AM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Catauladave #585696 Thu Dec 11 2014 11:00 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I have a brother too Dave so "I feel your pain!" lol
Dave

Dr Dave #585702 Thu Dec 11 2014 12:10 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I would ask a local pinball repair person. Likely it's a signal cable and they either have something similar or will know exactly who to order the piece from.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
My brother is in contact with some gentleman on the internet that may can help him. We'll see. The operators are gone from this area now. All my old buddies have passed away...Emory Whipple and Ted Barnes. They had electromechanical pins and jukeboxes. There are some guys that operates the slots, but they are kind of "shady". LOL
I was told that it is a "ribbon" cable...about two inches wide with a buttload of tiny wires in it. I have never understood why rodents love to chew wires. Thank you guys, Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved