Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#585239 - Mon Dec 08 2014 06:37 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
Shotzy13 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
Great to hear that all your persistence is paying off. Hope you find more of the stuff that is still missing.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#585269 - Mon Dec 08 2014 08:53 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Shotzy13]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
Thanks for the update. Lately, everytime I read one of your posts. I found myself wondering if you had gotten your trailer back.

#585505 - Wed Dec 10 2014 12:31 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Dave's Garage]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Good news. Passed out under the golden archs-thats funny.

#585650 - Thu Dec 11 2014 12:48 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Loyd Pierce]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
It was on the news tonight two enclosed trailers stolen last night from small bakery. Had the lock system that ball goes in with locking u bolt over top. Said they didn't bust the lock just chained them up someway and drove away.

#585655 - Thu Dec 11 2014 04:31 AM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Loyd Pierce]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
Any covers/locks over the ball hitch only prevent the use of a standard ball. Those willing to steal often are also willing to attempt unsafe means of hitching. That's why chock-locking the wheels is a better idea.

Any method that is used is never a 100% deterrent, however if you can make it plainly apparent the trailer isn't going anywhere easy thieves (if time constrained) will leave the trailer alone. I would say that having a motion-sensor triggered surveillance with notification alarms to your computer and phone will help.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#586097 - Sat Dec 13 2014 05:24 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Bbburke]
carolinaskies Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Upstate SC, USA
Update. The last thief was caught today. Hopefully when the investigators talk to him I'll know where my remaining stuff is located.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

#586106 - Sat Dec 13 2014 05:57 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: carolinaskies]
Dr Dave Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
If he does he will implicate himself in their theft.
I hope things continue to go your way!
Dave

Edited by Dr Dave (Sat Dec 13 2014 05:59 PM)

#586114 - Sat Dec 13 2014 06:57 PM Re: Stolen... vintage signs, toys, pace trailer [Re: Dr Dave]
VEEDOL_AL1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: AURORA COLO-80014
awesome to hear you`ve made some headway in your case.hope you get most of your stuff back...Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved