Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#587065 Thu Dec 18 2014 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning gassers. I think maybe Loyd was right, the daily checkin is checking out on us. Dreary day here in the Ozarks with 34 degrees and haze. The snow and sleet mix just skirted us here to the north with mostly rain overnight. A few degrees cooler and it would have dumped a lot of the white stuff instead. Christmas is less than a week away so be sure Santa has your petro wish list in hand by now. Well, off to the shop to put in a few more hours on a pump that I'd like to finish by Christmas so I can start the new year with the shop remodel I've been avoiding. Have a good one all.....GB

Rabbitman #587069 Thu Dec 18 2014 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you are right Gary... the daily check-in has been absent lately. hopefully its just the stress & commotion of the holidays to blame.

I finally got one of my globe racks installed this week, got a couple more to do, but I've found it difficult to find 8ft of clear space to mount a shelf and mine are pre-built.

also been working on the new house a ton... a few days ago I had 42-tons of CA6 gravel delivered for the driveway. almost couldnt move the next day after working on spreading it around.

hope everyone has the Christmas shopping done (yeah right!)... have a good one!

globerack.jpg
1 globe rack done, 2 to go

GravelDriveway.jpg

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #587075 Thu Dec 18 2014 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Bryce you missed an opportunity to have CAT test a grader on your driveway.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Lastgas15 #587078 Thu Dec 18 2014 09:58 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Snowing here this morning. Roads are just wet. Getting to look a lot like Christmas. Working on my petro display room today. Life is good.

Have a great day out there in Oldgasland!

snow121814.jpg
View in our back yard this morning.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Lastgas15 #587080 Thu Dec 18 2014 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Lastgas15

Bryce you missed an opportunity to have CAT test a grader on your driveway.

oh how sweet that would have been. unfortunately the job doesnt come with 'free equipment use' benefits smile

Last edited by BryceG; Thu Dec 18 2014 10:00 AM.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #587087 Thu Dec 18 2014 10:25 AM
Online Content
Good morning gang!

Shop has been absolutely buried with work, I guess that is a good thing..

I have not had much time to spend on here, just too many things going on.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning Oldgasers, Got a little of the sleet but mostly rain over night. Been down in the country away from all the hurry hurry of xmas. Lost the spring after new guy drilled well up on a hillside. This spring has ran for a hundred years plus. Lot of worry but it came back after they took the pressure off of drill hole. They really had us in a fix as the spring feeds two houses. All is well that ends well I guess,but I don't think us and the neighbors will be great long time friends. Maybe more like the Hatfields and Macoys as we seemed to have had a bad start.

HAGD-ALL!!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #587100 Thu Dec 18 2014 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy Everybody,
Great photos guys. Bryce, nice looking globes and WOW! that's a lot of gravel! Too bad about your spring Loyd hopefully all will work out. Water can be more precious than gold when you don't have it.

Best day of my life today. Making the conscience decision to walk with Christ everyday now. Next week celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. I do not want to do it without Him anymore.
Jesus is the reason for the season,
Michael

bruzer75 #587183 Thu Dec 18 2014 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Was reading about your spring Loyd and it reminded me of the time at our old house when the city drilled a new well on the hill about a half mile from the house. Our well started running riley water and then after a day or so ran out of water completely. Had my pump guy come out and assess the situation and they ended up putting three more sections of pipe on my pump to drop it in the hole sixty more feet. That city well was over three times as deep as ours but the pump guy said it had to be tapping into the same aquifer as my well for the water level in ours to drop that much. I called the city engineer who vehemently denied that their well had anything to do with mine dropping thirty feet ....yeah right. It is amazing how the underground water systems run and where water can source from, especially ground springs and the like. Glad yours came back but I'd bet the problems aren't over for good.....GB

Rabbitman #587190 Thu Dec 18 2014 09:02 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Gary got my fingers crossed. There is another spring but it would be a long way to pipe it. Funny that the land where well was dug was once part of my grandfathers place. I keep preaching to others that ever time someone drills it effects the water table but everyone keeps selling off parcels for the all mighty dollar. They say their are going to build a hunting cabin so maybe it won't have to much of a impact. The spring feeds into holding tank 50 feet away. My other option would be way up the hollow I bet it is a mile away. Ever one that digs a well winds up with suffer, every spring is good water.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved