Next Thread
Print Thread
#582456 Tue Nov 25 2014 06:56 PM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I have been looking for a long time for UNION ad glass for a A38 pump. Found a really nice one on the forum in CA. Thanks Matt!! Picked up the second one today in almost my backyard. It is cloudy looking. Any ideas of buffing it out? Jim

IMG_4609.JPG

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

Obviously you want to try to figure out what the fog is...can you scrape it with a razor blade? Glass is glass so you have to be careful but you can use some abrasive type cleaners and not hurt it. I use brass wool pads - not steel wool, those will scratch the glass - try the brass wool and some Clorox Soft Scrub. You can get different grades of brass wool ( 0,00,000 )from marine supply store or order from McMaster Carr.
If that does not work Eastwood Automotive products has a glass polishing powder/kit that will for take it off. It takes a lot of time and patience. Make sure you support the glass directly under where you are working, do not let it just lay on the ends when applying pressure. I know this stuff works because I used it on some rare automotive glass during a restoration.

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
tbuckles #582914 Fri Nov 28 2014 11:18 AM
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Tom-

Thanks for the tips. J

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks for all the tips. I tried a couple products at home like Barkeepers with no results. One OLD GAS member put me on to a product called A-MAZ Clean and Green. Make sure to order it with cleaning pad that is available. I got it thru AMAZON.COM.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
The shadows throw off the true results. The whole thing shines!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved