Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#586843 Wed Dec 17 2014 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mr Pawn Shop...Just wont give up.. Theres a lot of those signs on the Bay for sale as originals..

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
I messaged him telling him it was all junk and either he doesnt know that, or he is trying to scam people.

nam5072 #586853 Wed Dec 17 2014 08:34 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The really sad thing is a guy came into my shop about 2 months ago...Made sure to tell me he only buys the best and has the money to do so...And proceeds to tell me he is buying out a pawn shop inventory of signs, and a private collection just hitting the market in Wisconsin with some HIGH END dealer neons that no one but him knows anything about....Bragged he was already at 14k with the guy. Well between these two clowns, I think they milked him for a mint. Now anyone in business knows, I HAD to keep my mouth shut, because of course he knows more than me and to question that would be eliminating ANY potential dealings. I am so sick of people PURPOSELY being entirely misleading and lying to take advantage. Is what it is, and nothing anyone does will change it. Just thought I would share...

Man Cave #586872 Wed Dec 17 2014 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Pawn guy knows exactly what hes doing ...scamming people. Those signs aren't 10 years old id say. "Had since the 70s" uh NO.

Last edited by Keystone Gas Man; Wed Dec 17 2014 10:33 AM.

Man Cave #587472 Sat Dec 20 2014 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Man Cave
Now anyone in business knows, I HAD to keep my mouth shut, because of course he knows more than me and to question that would be eliminating ANY potential dealings.

Not sure of what you mean.

I own a business and would never compromise my principles simply to gain someones...money.

I would rather risk offending someone then standby and watch them get ripped off. Your silence makes you part of the problem.

Knowledge only has value when it is shared.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
Originally Posted By: Man Cave
Now anyone in business knows, I HAD to keep my mouth shut, because of course he knows more than me and to question that would be eliminating ANY potential dealings.

Not sure of what you mean.

I own a business and would never compromise my principles simply to gain someones...money.

I would rather risk offending someone then standby and watch them get ripped off. Your silence makes you part of the problem.

Knowledge only has value when it is shared.
I agree 100%

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Listen, I am 31 years old...Not many people want a 31 year old telling them how they just got TOOK.

Its not my responsibility to point out peoples mistakes and misinformation. Dave, next time a customer pulls up to your shop in a Lemans with GTO badging...Be sure to meet them at the door and tell them its fake. That will certainly keep them coming back.

Being in business, I do carry responsibility, so had he solicited my info or knowledge your DAMN RIGHT I would have told them those guys are crooks..But he did not ask. He bragged how he was a premium buyer. I took his money for my authentic goods and he left.

Next time you see me with some knock off ***** being passed off as real...then you can lump me with the scum of the earth. Until then I will do what I do, and you do what you do.

No one will really ruffle my feathers on this because I have discussed this VERY ISSUE with the best of them...its just the way it rolls. Can not burn bridges over faults that are not yours.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...he's still at it, years later...selling signs that were made since the original post almost two years ago, and saying he has owned them since the 1970's...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved