Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I tried this about 6 months ago and thought I'd try again just in case any of you were in a holiday mood. I need the pictured top frame support that holds the electric manifold in place and that the top sheet metal bolts to.

If I find one I'll send OldGas a $50 finders fee.

Please let me know if you have one and how much you need for it. Any help you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marshall

017.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I thought I'd bring this back to the top if that's okay. Please note that the pictured part is in 3 pieces and the holes the pipe thread into actually form a square. The part fits a Gulf Corporation pump with stainless corner trim and is shown bottom up. Small holes in the outer corners are used to hold the stainless step top in place.

Help me send $50 to Oldgas!

Thank you,

Marshall

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Marshall, are the pieces all clean breaks and fit together square? Why couldn't you weld that one back together if it was bolted solid to keep it straight and square? Just thinking if you've been looking that long for one it might be the way to go.....GB.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Gary thanks for the thoughts. My problem is that I have two of these pumps, one with the broken top frame support pictured, which has subsequently been welded back together and one with the support completely missing. The latter pump came all apart and the only piece missing is the bracket pictured. I'm sure one will turn up eventually, I just have to keep looking. Thought sure the finders fee would bring one out of the woodwork!

Marshall

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sometimes these parts are just that scarce and you just have to stay patient. I have looked for things for months and finally find it only to find two or three the next week! Good luck on the search.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: Hardy's Garage
Gary thanks for the thoughts. My problem is that I have two of these pumps, one with the broken top frame support pictured, which has subsequently been welded back together and one with the support completely missing. The latter pump came all apart and the only piece missing is the bracket pictured. I'm sure one will turn up eventually, I just have to keep looking. Thought sure the finders fee would bring one out of the woodwork!

Marshall
Just thinking that if you have the one welded together, you can use it as a pattern to have another cast? Surely that will solve your problem? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm more than willing to try to have one cast but have no idea where to start Paul. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Marshall,

If you have one good one that is welded back together I would contact Ron Scobie. He may be able to help you out.

- Jacob -
Email: jake5246@hotmail.com
Cell 507-259-2601
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: Hardy's Garage
I'm more than willing to try to have one cast but have no idea where to start Paul. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cattail Foundry, Lancaster, Pa. Look on line. They are Amish. Call and leave a message, they will return your call. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
So is this piece from a Erie or a Bennett??? If you have a picture of the pumps that you are working on that would help me determine if I have exactly what you are looking for.
Thanks, Bill

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Attached is a photo of a pump that the part is goes to. It's an Erie 129. This is the only part I need to assemble a similar pump.

Thank you, Marshall

002.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Paul, I appreciate the lead. I've sent pictures to Cattail and if necessary am prepared to have the part cast. Hopefully Bill will have the correct part and Oldgas will get the donation.

Marshall

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Marshall,
Sorry to say I don't have any Erie parts from that model.
Bill

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Bill,

Thanks for trying to help. It looks like I need to continue to pursue the new casting approach that Paul recommended.

Marshall

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved