Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#587685 Sun Dec 21 2014 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Texaco Leaded glass globe for sale. Uncommon Texaco globe that was used in the late teens and early 20s pre-dominately in Texaco's north-east marketing area. In a few short years this globe will be a 100 years old.

The leaded panes are fitted togather and the black letters were painted on. The lenses are about 14" in diameter and are on a nice clean solid fat metal body that was used only for these lenses. On one lense the outer ring has seperated where it was put togather. I am told that someone that does leaded glass work could easily repair this. Each side has a few small cracks in some of the panes. This is a common thing on these lenses and does not hurt the value.

In 30+ years of globe collecting I have seen less than 10 of these globes and I have only seen one that did not have any cracks in either pane. That one is in my collection and that is why I am selling this one.

$3000 shipped anywhere in the 48 states in a very large well packed box. Knock a 100 bucks off if you pick up or meet me at a show.

Thanks for looking!!

Lonnie

IMG_5019.JPG IMG_5018.JPG IMG_5024.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
More photos

IMG_5021.JPG IMG_5022.JPG IMG_5023.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I've seen this globe in person----- VERY NICE GLOBE !!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweeeeet globe!

Braden Splichal

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved