Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#587668 Sun Dec 21 2014 11:54 AM
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Had a Lubester with the cast shell motor oil lid stolen from in front of my garage sometime in the past week or so. Pretty sure its a lost cause but I figured I would throw this up here in hopes that maybe one of the Wisconsin or Upper Peninsula guys might run across this at some point. It is a 30 gallon size with a 216 written on the front being the only real distinguishing mark from other lubesters out there. Obviously its green and you can see yellow and white peaking through. If any of you guys out there see this for sale or have any one approach you about purchasing this please let me know.
Thanks Aaron

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eyes open in the mitten.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Aaron I will keep my eyes open also,make sure you check the local scrap metal yards.
Joe

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that but if they got away with one they will be back for more, you better lock 'em away and put up a camera of some sort even a digital game camera would give you something to go on when they try....

Bob

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Thanks guys, figure it's a long shot but you never know. I will check the yards but I figure it was a "picker" on a budget. They could have taken all 4 if they wanted, nice of them to leave me 3, kind of a sharing of the wealth type of thing. I had a pile of guts from some bennetts next to these so I would think of it was a scrapper they would have taken that for the weight.
Thanks again, Aaron

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Take Bob's advice... put the others inside for a while - like a year.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Sorry to hear about your lubster Aaron. I will keep an eye out here in MN and WI.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Should be easy to spot if it isn't restored. Watch Craigslist.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
This sure is ballsy. Some people are so jacked up!! Not like you could just pick it up and run off with it! How heavy is one of these things. What did they do, back a truck right up in your yard?

By the way, love those lids!!

Last edited by Steve C.; Tue Dec 23 2014 08:38 AM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's official this hobby has gone mainstream when people are so desperate to steal a lubester.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Steve C.
This sure is ballsy. Some people are so jacked up!! Not like you could just pick it up and run off with it! How heavy is one of these things. What did they do, back a truck right up in your yard?

By the way, love those lids!!

My thoughts as well. I have a bunch there not the lightest things to move

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Aaron, I would look close to home. Your house is not on a main highway so they had to know what you have sitting around. I bet it is someone you may have met. I am surprised they didn't take all four, since the lubesters all have embossed lids. Especially the SHELL. We have people offering to sell us something almost everyday. I will sure let you know.
We are at the end of a dead end road and the end of a 500 foot driveway. But we installed a four camera remote access recording alarm system this summer. Too bad these are the times we live in. Fourteen years ago we didn't even lock our doors!
Good luck.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Thanks for keeping your eyes open. I don't live on a major hwy but it is a really busy county road and my garage isn't far off the road. I should know better than to leave things out but then again I shouldn't have to hide it either. It is right across from a bar so I always have people standing out there looking at things I have out. I have gone around and let all the shops now it was stolen and given my contact info so it's just a waiting game now. Wish it would have been the standard lubester, the shells were going to be a winter project. But regardless what's done is done, far from a high dollar items but still is annoying.
Thanks guys

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you can see it...someone will attempt to steal it. We have discussed this before. People will steal anything. Protect your stuff and keep it up and out of sight or take serious measures to safeguard it. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
I am aware of human nature and the power of temptation. Not crying about it being gone, just asking for local collectors to help a guy out and see if it surfaces. I got in the hobby because I love it, and seeing things out on display is always fun. I have met many people who have seen my pumps, signs or lubesters out on display and have stopped by to chat. That is the most rewarding part of the hobby. Like your signature says, it's all just stuff. Hidden away it is not enjoyed by anyone. Just asking for some extra eyes out on the trail.
Thanks Aaron

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved