Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is interesting stuff. If it weren't for Craig's initial post and its subsequent digression I wouldn't have known didley about Parco. Not normally a company you would go to Wikipedia for. I like the suggestion in the advert to mix the hi-test with the lo-test as a 50:50 mix. I have never done that as the premium blends were always too expensive and the process too complex (not the pouring of gas, but paying for it!!) to bother and the Blender pumps never made it up to my neck of the woods.
Just as an aside there are munition/giant gopher mounds are now in western Utah's desert. From 10K feet they look like an organized ground hog colony.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
As a sidenote most of the oil the Sinclair plant uses is pipelined in from as far away as Canada some from Utah as well as Wyoming it's what's know as a "high conversion refinery" allowing for the use of different grades of crude oil to produce it's products.
Wyoming currently produces more natural gas than oil coming in at about 2.25 trillion cubic feet of natural gas with oil coming in at around 63 million barrels statewide according to the 2013 Wyoming State Geological survey.
Most of the places I worked when I was working the fields were for natural gas such as the Jonah Field, Green River basin and Windriver basin but with the increase in fracking technology it's expected that oil production will outpace natural gas by 2019.

Also at the UPRR we use diesel from the Sinclair plant to refuel our trains in Rawlins as it's the cheapest for our operations with a direct pipeline to the refinery if you ever pass through you will see multiple trains stopped or waiting outside of town for their turn at our "fueling station" we use other locations to get trains filled to a level that allows for them to make it to Rawlins for a full load of fuel just for the cost savings I mean think what it cost's to fill a truck now imagine filling a 5500 gallon locomotive tank a few cent's adds up to millions quickly and last I heard the UPRR is the largest consumer of diesel next to the US military.

More food for thought....

Bob.

Last edited by Let er' Buck; Thu Dec 25 2014 01:45 PM.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the highly informative posts. This is the reason I joined here a few years ago-to learn. I grew up in the South in an era when the party line telephone was high tech and many did not even have those, so, I've had a lifetime supply of old women yacking and snipping.

I hope you have all had a Merry Christmas and that some had the opportunity, as a friend of mine said, to BE Christmas.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice info here...

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think this link was posted a couple of years ago when we had a similar discussion on Parco and Sinclair but I will post it again for those who weren't in on that one. I also have a link somewhere to a picture of a Parco station with a pair of pumps that we could never identify for sure (even DB was stumped). They look like a Hayes in shape but were different than those we had seen before. Both have the Parco ope globe up top. I'll see if I can find it and post it too. Interesting info.....GB

http://www.wyomingtalesandtrails.com/lincoln3a.html

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here us the link to the Parco station.

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu:8180/luna/servlet/detail/uwydbuwy~17~17~1350109~228878:Parco-garage,-Parco,-WY

Last edited by Rabbitman; Thu Dec 25 2014 07:31 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow! Check out this picture I ran on to while looking for more Parco/Sinclair stuff.
If you are interested in this subject go to this link and click on the menu box at the bottom of the picture. It will take you to the university of Wyoming website that has archives of old Wyoming historical data and pictures. Maybe one of you can figure out how to get open access to this site where you can copy and save some of the great photos they have archived. I would've just posted this picture but I can't seem to copy and save images from the site. I haven't tried it on my desktop, I'm just browsing on my iPad so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, check out the Erie 50's on the ends of the islands. This picture is such good quality you can zoom in on all the signs for a clear look.

digitalcollections.uwyo.edu:8180/luna/servlet/detail/ahc-ludwig~1~1~310851~170235:King-s-Cool-Co--Filling-Station,-19?sort=RID%2CDescription%2CTitle%2CDate_Original

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did you notice the neon tubing on the columns and on the gable end?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Man those are some great pictures! Love the one with the air meters, Powerlube curb sign, and mobileoil rack.

Looking for any Alabama based globes and advertising such as Coastal, Rebel, Interstate Oil, Foster Oil (supertane), Mutual, Oil Well, etc...
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes, and the question about the globes on columns just goes on.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig, there were some columns in some of the pictures on the Wyoming site that had globe lights on them but not actual gas globes. I bet that they were still the same bases and could have been used for either type globe. I'm still looking through a bunch of other pictures and keep thinking I will see a column pole with a globe on top instead of just a plain white light globe. That last picture with the Sinclair pumps had globes mounted on the roof cables of the building on pedestals....GB

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved