Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I was there several years ago and the same crazy prices were happening then as well. Billionaires whats 5000.00 to much when you have that kind of money.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
G
I think part of it is bragging rights to say your piece came from the Ron Pratte collection.

Greg Z
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I think part of it is bragging rights to say your piece came from the Ron Pratte collection. AGREE 100 % and To say I bought it at BJ as well.

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
All good comments here...when you have zillions of dollars $5000 for a gas globe is like one of us going to lunch! But still, the naive stupidity to waste your money like that without educating yourself boggles my mind. Scott B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Cold Pizza
There is complimentary alcohol there.

The complimentary alcohol does not begin until tomorrow (Monday), so pick something else LOL!

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am going to guess people seen ron Pratt collection and they are going to copy it. The guys buying are not even tune of its value! They have a totally different playing funds than us. You could have put a $15,000 globe in that auction and it could have only brought $3000.
These guys are buying to decorate... Not collecting.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was able to buy some Olds pieces for $50 &$75 for a buddy and I got the Dura rocker for less than I was willing to spend. I was then blown completely out of the water on anything else I was even remotely interested in. Fun to watch for me.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Chevrolet SS have you found anything that is coming home with you?

Craig
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Greg you did good

V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
Rory is brilliant at marketing and at the end of the day this is what the stuff is worth! And yes when your dealing with income levels of $1,000.000+ does it really matter if you want something what its worth at these levels? We should be happy that this is going on as it will make our collections worth more at the end of "our" day!

Last edited by vmc44; Sun Jan 11 2015 08:27 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good for collectors I guess with large globe collections with possible investment interests some day and nothing wrong with that . Bad for the new collectors on wanting to start . Like Jarvis said people will see that auction and here we go. Bad enough Barrett Jackson infested the car market , now working on the gas and oil .I don't pay attention to there side shows much anymore. It seems like a big rooster competition, imo.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Prices from BJ are NOT good for collectors unless the want to sell their collections at BJ! Other wise we are back to normal prices in the hobby & collecting world we live in.
GO SEAHAWKS! Our Northwest team.

Wayne
S
S
Why is everybody outraged about this. This too shall pass, it's crazy because everybody wants a piece of the collection and the rest of the auctions we go too will not see a bump in prices because we all will not let it happen. We are the majority and market pricing has always determined by the majority.

I researched all the past prices that BJ got and this far exceeds what history they experienced. They did a great job and had a record number of absentee registration as well as onsite. So take it stride this will not move the market.

Hey I'm ecstatic because I bought a one of a kind clock and might have overpaid less than 10% if any at all. I got a story type item.

Always looking for back-lit advertising clocks, prefer Telechron, American Time & Electric Time. Also Pam in good condition.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Crazy stuff with those prices!!!

Braden Splichal

Originally Posted By: Sparky27
Why is everybody outraged about this. This too shall pass, it's crazy because everybody wants a piece of the collection and the rest of the auctions we go too will not see a bump in prices because we all will not let it happen. We are the majority and market pricing has always determined by the majority.

I researched all the past prices that BJ got and this far exceeds what history they experienced. They did a great job and had a record number of absentee registration as well as onsite. So take it stride this will not move the market.

Hey I'm ecstatic because I bought a one of a kind clock and might have overpaid less than 10% if any at all. I got a story type item.

Well I for one certainly hope it does not move the market. I cannot afford this hobby without the help of Barrett Jackson smile

Owner of Classic gauge and Cluster. www.classicgaugeandcluster.com
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved