Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The weather is warm, the cars are amazing, and the facilities here are stocked full of petro, cars, and stuff for your shop.

It's like a super bowl for car guys.

That being said, the petro auction portion of this extravaganza is not based on our reality here in OG land as we know it.

People can bash the B/J auction all they want. I am having a blast, and if you're a registered bidder yes the alcohol is free. Makes me laugh when I hear fellow members bash stuff they've never personally witnessed.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Been there twice, awesome show and auction... people do need to be there once to really appreciate the show..
People do need to appreciate the guys with a lot of money,,, and they have a LOT.. If it's not in your means don't bid, but don't begrudge the guys with lots of cashola

Last edited by Wes Hague; Wed Jan 14 2015 08:45 AM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i would love to go sometime... and I'm not sure what all the complaints and derogatory comments are for. I think there were several items that went for 'good value' prices.

i miss the days of Matthews auctions in Peotone on Thursday nights. Free beer and cheeseburger for anyone attending.... and it was just an all around good time, regardless what you were or weren't buying.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
Been there twice, awesome show and auction... people do need to be there once to really appreciate the show..
People do need to appreciate the guys with a lot of money,,, and they have a LOT.. If it's not in your means don't bid, but don't begrudge the guys with lots of cashola

Agree Wes, my third trip in 4 yrs and hope to make a lot more. The experience and atmosphere is beyond words. If you haven't been put it on your bucket list and get on out here. You won't be disappointed!

Steve
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm headed over tonight and then again for saturday.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Wes Hague
People do need to appreciate the guys with a lot of money

...why - because they have a lot of money?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
actually yes and along with money comes a lot brains to make the money to buy foolishly, .. is that hard to understand ?

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...wow, Wes - that might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post on Oldgas - and that's saying something...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
ya, didn't think you would understand,,, too busy sanding that pump I guess

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...this whole topic is about the wealthy spending exorbitant amounts of money on overpriced, inauthentic items...and your response is to say, because these people are rich, we need to appreciate them - and not ridicule their lack of discernment...they must be smart - they're rich, right?

...because, as Paris Hilton ultimately proves, you can only become wealthy through supreme intelligence and hard work smirk

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Obviously your list of friends don't include anyone with any amount of real wealth.. I totally respect and admire and envy all the friends that I know and have that are super successful and wealthy.. they are all very nice people who enjoy spending their wealth as they please without a lot of criticism from others. " end of my story"

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes , hopefully We can all someday be as successful as you. Maybe dreams can come true.

Last edited by 47reo-travis; Wed Jan 14 2015 11:07 AM.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
maybe some of you guys on here need to grow up ! I'm not the one that started this ***** contest

Last edited by Wes Hague; Wed Jan 14 2015 11:33 AM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I for one think BJ put a lot of thought and effort into getting there auctions to where they are today. For what ever reasons, they can attract the big money year after year. And if they can capitalize on their bidders, good for them. As long as they run an honest auction, best wishes for their continued success. Just because their sales command top money is not a bad thing on their part. They know their bidders are willing to spend big money on things they want. Nothing wrong with that. R.B. buys stuff throughout the year for the sale. From what I have seen, he does not try to beat you down on price. If he likes it, he buys it and moves on. Good for him and BJ if they make big money on it. I for one would like to have the same set up! I do not see it jacking up the shows for the normal guys as far as prices go. How many people at the show this week will price their items the same as the realized BJ auction prices? If they do, they will take it all home again. Yes, some stuff will be in big collections and out of circulation for a while, but that happens with any collection.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

image.jpg

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved