Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59280 Tue Jun 28 2005 02:16 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am going to be taking a trip into Missouri and was wondering if there are any good petro places to hit especially around the Kansas City or Springfield areas. Antique stores, old stations, collections, muesuems ect.

Thanks,

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#59281 Tue Jun 28 2005 02:31 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Keith,

I know of at least 2 places you could check out around Springfield. The first place is N. of Springfield on Hwy 65 on the west side of the road, cant miss it. Lots of signs on the outside and 2 Fry Mae West pumps out front. Never stopped because I was in a Hurry. Another place is N. Springfield on HWY 13. Not sure just how far but I seen a bunch of signs coming from Bolivar. Last Place I know for sure is the antique store on Glenstone St in the N end of town. It is on the east side of the st and they have signs all around the building It should be real close to a Big U-Haul dealer. all for sale I believe. He has pumps once in a while also. Further South is a huge antique store but not too much gas and oil stuff though. I know there is another place between Springfield and Buffalo, MO but it is on back road and I dont think I could ever drive back to it again cause I was driving a bunch of back roads at the time. They had two Fry Mae West pump all fixed upp and some signs on the building. Good luck and hope this helps.

TN Volunteer (E. Butler)

#59282 Tue Jun 28 2005 03:49 PM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
The Autumn Leaf Antique Mall at exit 70 on Interstate 44 west of Springfield has a lot of petro items. Most of the petro items at the place in Bolivar are quite over priced in my opinion but quite a bit to look at.

Bill Fortune
#59283 Tue Jun 28 2005 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
qtcans [Scott] probly has cleaned out EVERYTHING between KC & Ozark, including Bolivar area malls ! LOL

wfort,
Take a wild guess for the place between Springfield & Buffalo ! I'll be heading that way before Iowa Gas [gotta stop and see my uncle & family in Bolivar].
db

#59284 Tue Jun 28 2005 06:45 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Saw quite a few places all along Interstate 44 from about 30 miles west of St. Louis to Springfield.
Ken

#59285 Tue Jun 28 2005 07:43 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys. I will have to check out some of those places in Springfield.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#59286 Wed Jun 29 2005 08:04 PM
Online Cool
Stop by Gas from the Past in Peculiar, Mo. south of KC. Jeff Wilson has a Pure porcelain gas station inside his restoration shop there. Sharing the location is Pete & Jake's Hot Rod Parts, another cool place to browse. Call first since Jeff runs a one man operation and may be out delivering a restored gas pump.
http://www.gasfrompast.com/

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#59287 Wed Jun 29 2005 11:12 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hey Kieth,there are many things in the gas line in the big MO to see.The antique stores in boliver are nice to look at but are very pricy as stated.The little antique store on Glenstone is called second time around and if your going to buy anything there it will be if you have luck with you,I think that people in europe know john,who owns the shop.If we could catch up with the guy I could show you the biggest house full of gas **** you have ever seen.I bought all his pumps and this guy has so much more you would need 3 uhauls to clean him out.If your coming back towards rolla your more than welcome to stop by and I could get you in the right direction.573 368 4853 Steve

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved