Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JeffS
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
...or maybe even buy beyond your means and you will never regret it!

And I thought only Americans thought this way! wink

Another thing about high prices then and now...I tried really hard to put my collection together without using household finances. I wrench on the side and used that money. Sometimes finding another revenue stream can help.

Secondly, me and a partner bought and flipped a lot of petro items to pay for the stuff we wanted for ourselves. You can make escalating prices work for you when you develop a method and network of buying and selling what you love.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have bought beyond my mean on a few occasions because I knew it was a good deal.
Seeing what I've been offered for some of those items since though I rarely sell anything tells me it was the right decision at least for me.
I have some great neons I've yet to share because of one reason or another.
Don't ever pass on a good deal because of price if you know it's a good deal.
You'll regret it later.
That's my two years worth of collectings two cents.

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well as one who is asking a ridiculous price for something I can only say that I'll do what the market bears. I also hate paying the prices that are asked currently but I will if the piece is right. I paid $600 for a Cycol can, crazy but I don't miss the money or if I do it's overshadowed by the fact that I have the can and it filled a hole in my collection and it's hard to find stuff I don't have as far as Associated is concerned. As has been said many times before, buy what you like and you won't regret it, if you're constantly thinking what you're going to get for something down the line don't bother. I think that's the main difference between the professional picker and the picker/collector. It's all about the enjoyment, I overpaid and I'm proud grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved