Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice globe!!!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Guys- as one link in the chain, all I can say is Bob Rafferty really did come through for me. From a post in the want ads about a couple Sunoco bottles I was looking for, Bob and i hooked up. He came through in a much bigger way and when we were discussing shipping for items he mentioned that he would be traveling through the area in the near future and would just "drop them off" at my place. To make a long story short, at the last minute a large item was added to his load (by me) and he didnt flinch- just rolled with it.PS-Thanks Bob-I really like it. It was a bit of a detour and while he had lots of driving ahead of him he was very patient and I am glad to have met him in person.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
awesome! way to go kevin and the good ole' oldgas transportation system!!!!! Your stories are ALWAYS as good as your finds smile
~Good to see you at the show Kevin~

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Always good to help when you can because sooner or later you may be needing a favor yourself. Lots of good people in this hobby. Nice looking globe!

Coryell 70/Nebraska items wanted
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
You can tell from the story that mrcavalcade(Kevin Bick) told, that it has become the type of complicated transportation story that no one could ever plan out ahead of time!
When I purchased the globe, I felt confident that somehow we would be able to move it closer and closer over time, as long as I didn't get in a hurry! The amazing part is the amount of offers of help that came in when I posted, asking for assistance in moving a globe across the country! If plan one failed, then we had at least 3 backup plans, and the first plan did actually fail when one gentlemans brother in law decided not to come home for Christmas, and that put plan one out of commission! Plan 2 and plan 3 were on track to happen within 2 weeks of each other, in case one of them didn't work, when all of a sudden, plan 2 fell into place like a row of dominos!
The outstanding part is that each one of the players in this story, went out of their way to make sure this happened, and that is the real beauty of this story! Fellow collectors that truly care about the items that they and others collect, to the point of being willing to help each other out, for just the love of the hobby!
This site truly embodies that spirit, and when it all comes together in instances like this, it exemplifies the reasons that we collect these artifacts from times gone by. I truly hope this spirit of giving and helpfulness, continues long into the future, because it gives this hobby a darn good chance of continuation for many years to come!
While I'm very aware that this sort of thing happens quite often within this hobby, I'm very grateful to have been a part of this singular instance. My gratitude goes out to all of those involved. I won't forget!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved