Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks Dave & Dale for the additions.

Dave, I like the worn Shell. I have a picture of it you posted in the past and it had more red on it.

Dale, I love your Shell wall

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ
Thanks Dave & Dale for the additions.

Dale, I love your Shell wall

Thanks, Matt, for the compliment.....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
This my Bennett.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
[img] [/img]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By MATT ALVAREZ
bennett 391, does anyone have one? I can not find any information on one. This one was on ebay a while back. It looks like a 546 but has a 300 series on-off lever and the ID says 391 but is a newer style ID tag. They did not show the inside and wonder if it has a pipe frame.

First off, I realize this is a two year old thread. However, I am bringing it back for informational purposes. I recently bought what I thought was a common Bennett pump. When I got it home I realized it was a Bennett 391, which there is not a lot of information on - at all. I saw that Matt Alvarez put a lot of work into this thread and I wanted to complete it a little more for those who may need the info for future use (just as I used this thread last week - along with almost 10,000 other views). It's still a fairly common style pump, but if someone has to ID one without a tag, maybe this will help. So here is the Bennett 391... and she's a rough one.

Date of Manufacture: According to my Blue Book the 391 was only made in 1939 (and has a K on the tag).

Frame: Pipe

Computer: Computing Veeder Root

Ad glass: None

Door Hinges: 4 - same as other 300 series pumps

Door latches: 4 latches along side rail, with internal lift lever

Hose outlet: 45 degrees

Face Plates: Missing - I assume they had to be flat and porcelain, since the sight glass was up above. All the above pictured Bennett's without ad glass and the sight glass up top have porcelain faceplates.

I.D. Tag/badge: This 391 uses a 500 series style I.D. tag.

One last thing I wonder about the 391, is if maybe the model number 391 was designated for The Standard Oil Company (and/or its affiliates). My pump has original paint and the globe ring on top is an original contoured 7" ring made for a Crown globe (or affiliates). This is just merely a guess/possible theory.

IMG_4766[1].JPG IMG_4761[1].JPG IMG_4804[1].JPG IMG_4805[1].JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Sat May 13 2017 12:49 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
a few more...

IMG_4808[1].JPG IMG_4763[1].JPG IMG_4768[1].JPG IMG_4778[1].JPG

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Steve, thanks for adding this information.

Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
After this thread I was able to add five more pumps to my collection and a parts pump I am trying to piece together. The first was a few months after this thread. It is the Bennett 77 that I posted earlier in the thread. I was able to make a deal on it, added some ad glass, a globe and turned it around. The back side against the fence has a good decal. Two of the additions are 541s and the other two are 373s. The parts pump is a 371. It is the one with the plastic Shell pump plate. It is missing a door and some small parts.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved