Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I am just curious, because eBay to me seems to be kinda a pain in the ole Rear! I have been researching, and trying to make a decision about sellbg/ restoring an old Eco 97, I put it on eBay, and it has turned out to be a hassle..and the winner hadn't paid. Instead offering me firearms for trade...I wish there were some legit places out there where honest sellers have rights! Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
if its on the internet, you are going to deal with BS anywhere you go.

I always recommend a show or swap meet... everyone is more respectful and honest when they are talking to another human being...

http://www.oldgas.com/pp_swaps.htm

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
R
OP Offline
R
I agree Bryce, humans usually act a little more decent when in front of other humans, not hiding behind an anonymous name on a computer screen. I think it's the shame factor, if somebody is starin you in the face, you more apt to be honest

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A number of Members sell items here on Oldgas...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
If you're looking for a good price and don't feel comfortable pricing a sign yourself you can also consider selling through an auction. I say this of course as an auctioneer, but it is a good way to sell and the auctioneer will handle all of the hassle for you.

Always accepting new consignments at ManifestAuctions.com
R
OP Offline
R
thanks all of you! I am very leary of ebay.. I sold an item on there after going through the emotions of deciding whether to do it or not and finally did..then watched as literally dozens of bids came in ..down to the wire..then the winning bidder is holding my sale up..asking if instead id trade for firearms...im really frustrated.. this was a high value item, and its not like I need the money,,man, I need the space!

R
OP Offline
R
[quote=PorcelainSigns]If you're looking for a good price and don't feel comfortable pricing a sign yourself you can also consider selling through an auction. I say this of course as an auctioneer, but it is a good way to sell and the auctioneer will handle all of the hassle for you. [/quote]
what kind of auctions? live or computer?

rockytops, we do live cataloged auctions approx. every three months. We run the auctions live in our facility in Greenville, SC and we run them online as well so we can take bids from folks all over.

Always accepting new consignments at ManifestAuctions.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: rockytops
thanks all of you! I am very leary of ebay.. I sold an item on there after going through the emotions of deciding whether to do it or not and finally did..then watched as literally dozens of bids came in ..down to the wire..then the winning bidder is holding my sale up..asking if instead id trade for firearms...im really frustrated.. this was a high value item, and its not like I need the money,,man, I need the space!

File a complaint with ebay. Non paying buyer. Then cancel his sale and offer it to the second highest bidder. And leave the original bidder negative feedback. Life is too short...just move on...Good luck.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
File a complaint with ebay. Non paying buyer. Then cancel his sale and offer it to the second highest bidder. And leave the original bidder negative feedback. ...Good luck. [/quote]

I don't think ebay lets the seller leave a bidder negative feedback anymore... cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: advertologist
I don't think ebay lets the seller leave a bidder negative feedback anymore... cool

You are correct. Buyers cannot be given negative feedback.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I sell everywhere BUT Craig's List an E-Bay .......

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought, you could leave non paying bidders a negative???

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sellers can't leave negs, period
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
I thought, you could leave non paying bidders a negative???

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved