Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Thought this might be a fun way to get some ideas and thoughts of other collectors who might face some similiar issues. Now I know there are some lucky few out there that have multiple buildings and 9 stall garages etc etc to diplay items. But for those of us normal folk I have to ask...where do you put it all?

I have a standard size garage that was full years ago. Now my car barely fits. I have many things hanging from the ceiling with a "layered" look..lol. I'm also lucky enough to have a very understanding wife who allows me a spare bedroom and most of my living room with cathedral ceilings to display the nice stuff that wouldnt fair well in the garage temps. Now I can barely walk in the spare bedroom and have signs leaning here and there. Ofcoure that doesnt slow my hunting down at all..lol. Any others out there in a similiar boat?

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
I have a friend who recently told me a story of how he rotates some of the more easily hung signs in his collection. Once a year he takes stuff down and replaces it with others he hasn't seen in a while. Maybe it's time to clean out under my bed!

Last edited by eric grinder; Mon Feb 23 2015 12:35 PM.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Post pictures please. Would love to see the buldging spaces.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I keep complaining that I am running out of room... But, as now seems to be "the norm", I keep finding space for the items; That catch my eye...

Making my "spare 1/2 bath" into a "Gas Station" themed room, freed up quite a bit of space... But, that open space has been filled for the most part, now....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a small house with wife and 2 kids...My living room has two pumps and a bunch of signs and a load of globes. I am about outta wall space..lol

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have a three car garage and have never driven a car into it.

Back in the 1990s I had 200 gas pumps stored in two storage garages. I was selling parts. When I got down to 75 I moved them to my garage. Rick Dale (American Restoration and an old friend of mine) called, he bought them all. Now the garage is filled with ECO parts.

Either build a bigger garage or scale down.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife thinks i have been out of room since day one.
There is always room for one more thing.... then another and another LOL

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a basement full and both a large and small pole barns with most walls covered with many sitting around. Additional pole barn has sign poles and 6' signs stored there. I have a semi trailer loaded with pumps & lubesters and just bought a 40' cargo container..... luckily my lovely wife talked me into buying her uncles farm and building her a horse barn years ago. Cause with this addiction growing with every show/auction I attend, anything I need to build now is no problem LOL

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: moore798
Yes,always room for one more.crazy

agree... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess I'm different than some of the rest of you! I have found that as my tastes change and evolve with the time spent in this hobby, so does my display. When there is something that I just "have to have" and no room to put it up, I just take something down and sell it. I can't stand to have a sign in a pile somewhere, it just isn't satisfying to me unless its up on the wall!
Granted, sometimes its taken me a whole year to determine what goes and what stays, but it does happen. I have a lot of fun just sitting in my shop and thinking about how I could make the display better looking! Some of those plans are never realized and some happen right away.
I do finally have a few things in the house, but only in my office. The Warden did mention that having a restored gas pump downstairs might be OK!!
I was pondering the fact that I'm almost out of room in my shop, when suddenly I realized that the folding overhead garage doors could hold some pump plates on every panel and they wouldn't interfere with anything! My problem seems to be solved for now, and I'm not going to worry about it until that area is full! LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Learn to be selective,quality not quantity.Sell 10 crummy globes and buy one good one.Same with cans or anything else.Do that and you won't have a problem.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Everything is cataloged !! Dan

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have way more stuff than I have display space. That will eventually change when we build our next house. I'm working towards a long term goal so I'll have to put up with short term storage problems.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
This has been a great topic. Over the years Ive upgraded and sold off a lot of the common stuff to get better, rarer, etc etc. Ofcourse the longer you collect, the more picky you get and the more expensive taste you aquire. I surely dont feel as bad now. Although I will most likely always have signs stacked in corners..the plan is to one day move to a larger home with a bigger garage in the near future. MORE WALLS!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved