Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Stumbled upon this pump in a farmers field. They used it regularly on their farm and it's been in the family for a while. It has Fire Chief plates on both sides dated 3-4-55. I was wondering in this condition what I could attempt to pick it up for. Any help or information appreciated. Thanks.

Texaco Pump1 resized.jpg Texaco Pump2 resized.jpg Texaco Pump3 resized.jpg Texaco Pump4 resized.jpg

Adam B.

Collecting Wings of Texaco Airplanes and Texaco Ertl Die-cast Truck banks...For now :-) !!!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fire Chief plates are worth an easy $150 each, maybe more depending on how fast you want to turn the money? The pump looks to have some rust thru issues and missing trim and I would think a top of about $300 in that condition.
Add the plates and pump, you get about $600 for a retail value.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Kevin on the value. Looks like, at least 2-3 inches of the pump is buried in dirt. That is a Tokheim 300 and it has a large base that protrudes past the pump panels. The base should be clearly visible.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am thinking that whole pump is a rust bucket. Will probably blow holes in it with a blaster. Parts buried underground may be really bad. Has not had any paint in a long time.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It may be worth $600. Parted out.
But your buying a rusted pump that needs parts and lots of work, I wouldn't give more than $400.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The pump has appeal to a non-restorer as is and I think $600 would get it sold to someone looking for an AS Found display only piece. The pump isn't leaning, so the cast base is likely intact and a non-issue for a non-restorer.

For a restorer that pump is strictly a parts unit so they won't pay more than $200 for the case without the plates. The smart move is to scavenge everything off it and slough the carcass off to someone who wants a 'challenge'.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would get it (as cheap as you can) Get a nozzle receiver off of Ryan or Tom.The rubber ring that goes where the hose attaches..And a hose and nozzle..And display it outside somewhere.

Looking for Keystone,Pure,Sinclair,Texaco,Sterling and Gulf...Thanks, Brian
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see it still has the pricer bracket attached. Nice little bonus.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Didn't most, if not all 300's come with a stamped steel base? I'm thinking that the base is toast. That would be a cool pump to put next to the barn and just let it rust in peace.

OP Offline
Well thanks so much for all the input. Very nice to get educated early on and with so many quick responses.

Adam B.

Collecting Wings of Texaco Airplanes and Texaco Ertl Die-cast Truck banks...For now :-) !!!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved