Print Thread
#60121 Sat Mar 12 2005 06:10 PM
T
Thunder Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I know, it almost sounds like an old John Lennon song...

I'm adding a plug in cord to my 96C, for the lights. What is an acceptable way to run the cord? Do I drill a hole in the skin? Do I drill a hole in the base? Or Is there a way that is generaly accepted to run power for the lights? What have you guys done?

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60122 Sat Mar 12 2005 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
THUNDER - ON MY FIRST PUMP A TOK39SHORT I ACTUALLY DRILLED A HOLE THRU THE LOWER SIDE PANEL AND RAN A BLACK 16/2 SJ CORD AND PLUG TO THE OUTLET.

MY SECOND PUMP A M&S 80 WAS FACING THE WALL ON ONE SIDE SO I JUST RAN THE WIRE (18/2 SPT-1 BLACK LAMP CORD) UNDER THE DOOR OVER THE BASE....NO PROBLEMS!

HOPE THIS HELPS??

DOC @ TAG/WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#60123 Sat Mar 12 2005 07:02 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I usually mount the pumps on a wooden base, slightly larger than the pump base. Especially important if the pump is going in a carpeted area. It prevents the carpet getting the impression of the base but more, keeps vacuum cleaners away from the paint!!

Anyway, I run the cord out the edge of the wood.

I usually use a plywood piece to go inside the base with a walnut 1 X 4 around it. Only about 1" of the walnut is exposed on each side of the pump.

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 03-13-2005).]

#60124 Sat Mar 12 2005 09:22 PM
D
D
I have drilled the hole in the base and put a conduit connector in the hole and run the cord through the connector and tighten the clamp to secure the cord. But if the cord fits under the door that works too. I don't drill the doors because I like them to open without interferring with the cord. Mike

#60125 Sun Mar 13 2005 05:13 AM
T
Thunder Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I like Morgans idea with the base. I'm very reluctant to drill a hole in the pump, and the idea of the base would solve that. As well as providing aaa little protection from that inconsiderate vacuum cleaner.

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved