Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Is the Ray Becker Co. still in business. It seems that they can advise better on dissasembly. My opinion, for what it's worth, this is not a service station building so, other then sentimental value, I'd leave it alone.. I've gone through city/county codes within the past 3 years and they are relentless and trying to justify their jobs so you are going to pay big dollars and lots of headaches
good luck

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Has a bathroom which would be nice to retain. Thanks for all the input. 15 by 18 storage shed is sounding good. J

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im not sure what its like in Washington State, but I've done a fair amount of construction in the Bay Area of California. Minimum of five inspections to put up structures, check foundation, wiring, roof inspection, etc. I remember having my inspection done within feet of my neighbors highly illegal, highly obvious, house addition (guy built up to the fence, suppose to be eight foot set backs). Inspector rested his hand against the illegal structure while he inspected my house.
Inspector never said a word about it. Nothing happened to my neighbor.

When looking at real estate, saw lots of illegal additions too, they dont count as square footage on the MLS listing, lots of sun rooms, illegal rooms, etc. For me, I've always wanted the construction work to be legit so that resale is not an issue. I dont see it being economical to go through the permit process for what you have, Id either leave it or put it up very quickly and call it a shed and beg forgiveness if a neighbor complains.

Last edited by Paul Bell; Tue Mar 03 2015 08:07 PM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Because it is so small and metal, it could be passed off as stated maybe just an out building. If it were to become livable and not taken apart here you could get away with it. It is the moving of a house structure over one story that gets into the ugly situation. Single story homes can if left together be used again, but again this is a metal building. It would look great restored for sure.

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The more time you waste thinken on it is time wasted that could have been used doin it. I try not to put to much time into thinken about stuff. I like to just do it. you mite end up with a knock on the door but if you got nothen for them to take, what can they do. If you got memories with the building and it means a lot to you, you have to do it. It's riten!!! I have moved two in here but I am afraid to tell my lovely wife about the new one I got my eye on. Good luck OR you could look at it like you "deserve" it. that's what I do somtimes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I'm willing to bet hillsideshortleg would help you move & re-assemble this,if you offered him some 40 year old candy bars.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved