Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wes Maxwell #601871 Thu Mar 05 2015 03:47 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
About 3 years ago I started buying stuff that was cheap and that I liked. Consequently I have a vast array of brands. I have since started to try and concentrate more on a couple of brands as I find I get a bigger thrill out of finding something new in that brand as oppossed to just buying something. On one hand I wish I had concentrated more on one brand. I like to many different things. One the other hand when people stop by to look at and talk about the stuff, which I find to also be a lot of the fun in collecting, there is something for everybody and it brings back a lot of good memories for people.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Wes Maxwell #601883 Thu Mar 05 2015 04:44 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Derby is my main focus but also collect other local companies including Vickers, Kanotex & elreco.

Always looking for more Derby, Vickers, KanOTex, & Elreco gasoline & oil items!
Derbygasman #601897 Thu Mar 05 2015 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
jenney gasoline was my main focus till I had a hard time finding a lot of stuff, now I collect jenney gasoline and independent
oil co. as my main focus and anything clean and reasonable.

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
marky #601933 Thu Mar 05 2015 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I collect any company really. Whatever I like or enjoy!

Braden Splichal

bsplichal95 #601940 Thu Mar 05 2015 07:49 PM
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Standard Oil of Indiana is my main brand. My first job was at my cousins Standard Station, and I also found the original contracts my grandfather signed with Standard Oil, back in 1933, to sell Standard at his country grocery store when, my dad passed. I do buy other brands when I find something interesting.

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I started out by collecting only Texaco. That only lasted for about 1 year. Now, I collect all brands but have narrowed it down to gas & oil and pop. Slowly, I have gotten rid of all my general store stuff.

I need more space....

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I started by spinning my tires in the collecting mud so to speak but quickly realized I needed to FOCUS! So I am locking onto a few companies from Manitoba and Mobil. I have a thing for horses and gargoyles. There's too much out there that is desirable that I can do without for sure. But one reason for being on OG is to vicariously enjoy all the stuff others collect and the stories that come with collecting the other brands.

Gasman84470 #601973 Thu Mar 05 2015 11:57 PM
VWMIKE Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the great stories and feedback everyone! I should clarify its just one brand of gas and oil I collect, but I also collect pepsi and 7up, and the wife loves her Pyrex and general store stuff, so there really is always something to hunt for smile

Chasing anything old......but women
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One company. Marathon, but then also Ohio Oil, Linco, Transcontinental Oil.... just depends on how far back in time I can afford to reach.

Chuck

Gaspedler #601978 Fri Mar 06 2015 03:38 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I of course collect anything Sunoco. But on the side, I do have my little side bar collections.
For example, I like the Conoco quarts, so I have a little collection of them.
I ran into and couldn't pass up my Gargoyle can rack so I have some of that.
I like the green Amoco stuff, so I'll pick up some of that if the price is right.
And I have a few Pennzoil pieces just cuz the colors are so damn cool.
And I love my Flying A pump plates.
Oh, and my Mobil shield pump plate. That reminds me, still need to get a '47 "Special" plate to go with it.
And my 8" Texaco plate. Heck, I believe there are some more of these I would like to have.
And so on...
And so on...
And ...

Last edited by Steve C.; Fri Mar 06 2015 03:39 AM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Steven C. #601979 Fri Mar 06 2015 03:58 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Like many above, after a few years in the hobby I realized that this "stuff"(Gas& oil and other advertising) can consume you. I think it is said best by Andy's tag = "It's a sickness". So to try to help control the collection and myself I have concentrated on these criteria: Condition,rarity,motorcycle items, and local New England Brands.

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Maxgas #602056 Fri Mar 06 2015 12:42 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm into anything with a cool graphic on it especially horses or western themes, but I also have a lot of Texaco in the collection as it's one that comes up regularly in this area, wish I could find more Frontier, Beeline or Husky but it's a hard one to find and expensive when it does come up for sale.
As far as one brand it'll probably never happen because if it catches my eye and it's priced right I will go for it I do like a setup of one brand but I think mixing it up looks better jm2c.

Bob

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Let er' Buck #602156 Sat Mar 07 2015 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used to be a Marathon dealer...so the choice was easy for me...one brand...Marathon.

The only downside that I can see, collecting only one brand somewhat limits your audience when it comes time to sell. An auction with numerous brands would attract more prospective buyers than just one I would think.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved