Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60306 Thu Jun 07 2007 11:46 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I think I've got a problem I think i'm becomming a Gas Globaholic!I just purchased my 11th & 12th globes this past week.Now I can't seem to stop thinking about globes.They pop into my head constantly.I want everyone I see.

Is there any help for me or am I doomed?

Non of my globes are rare or vauable because I'm poor & trying to raise a 4 year old & my wife won't let me spend any money on globes.(that's probably a good thing though.)

Is there a support group out there for people like me or am I alone in my affliction?

Please help!
Tom (developing globaholic)

------------------
Always looking for globes & socony items!

[This message has been edited by nochevys (edited 06-08-2007).]

Got Socony???

Tom
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60307 Fri Jun 08 2007 03:46 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
TOM, I FIGURE IT'S JUST A PHASE OF THE COLLECTING REALM. I WENT THRU A CAN PHASE AND IT LASTED ABOUT 3 YEARS AT IT'S HEAVIEST. THEN I WENT THRU A SIGN PHASE WHICH LASTED ABOUT 8 YEARS AT IT'S HEAVIEST. I CAN BE THANKFUL THAT I BOUGHT AS MUCH AS I DID AND WORKED UP A NICE INVENTORY.

IT'S ALL ABOUT COLLECTING WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT MAKES YOUR HEART AND MIND TICK! GO FOR WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT OR GLOBE IN YOUR CASE!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#60308 Fri Jun 08 2007 07:51 AM
N
N
Hey Tom, take two globes and it'll all be better in the morning.

Dave

#60309 Fri Jun 08 2007 09:12 AM
S
S
Nochevys, it can be a very addictive
disease. The news is good and bad.
The good news is there is a support
group. The bad news is that the meetings
are held at Lonnie Hop's.

Sully......

#60310 Fri Jun 08 2007 10:09 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
no

#60311 Fri Jun 08 2007 12:25 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Just don't start drinking...... that will really kick it in !!! There's nothing like a six pack, a shot of Kentucky bourbon or two, and a sweet new globe !!! Dang me, hang me ......

#60312 Fri Jun 08 2007 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sorry tom,it gets worse!!soon you will pass up thosecheaper globes and want to buy something a little more upscale.once you start doing that then that 800 price will not phase you.and it keeps going on and on till you have the chance to buy that ultra rare globe and want to get a second mortgage.i think you should just send me all your globes and just fogetabouit.all the old gas guys will help you get trhough the withdrawel,just don't make it up by strting to buy pumps.soon you will want a national simplex or something like that!!look at whats happened to lance!heh!heh!heh!mick

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 06-08-2007).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
#60313 Fri Jun 08 2007 11:17 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Sooner or later, we all need to look at what we are buying. If we have attended as many of the petroliana swap meets or auctions as we can and have really watched what is going on, we should have learned something.
By this time we should have learned what is a good deal, and what is just something to pass on.
We should have also learned that when we decided to sell something we bought years ago, the profit has sure surpassed the rate of interest you would have gotten if you had left the money in the bank.
Tom, my advice is, continue with what you are doing, make choices carefully, buy the items you feel will increasse the most in value.
Remeber, unless you are filthy rich, you are building a nest egg to send that 4 year old to college.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identifiation book and Air Meter Identification book www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved