Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60457 Tue Nov 18 2003 03:07 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello

Can anyone tell me more about the Marvelube line? I have a patron looking to date a pump and tank with the Marvelube logo on it and I am wowefully uninformed in the history of petrolium companies and products.

Any help would be apreciated.

Regards.

------------------
Mark Geldof
Librarian
George Shepherd Library
Western Development Museum
Saskatoon SK. Canada.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60458 Tue Nov 18 2003 03:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark
Marvelube is the brand of lubricants from Imperial Oil (aka ESSO) in Canada. As far as dating the logo, there are several variations using that name, so I/We would need a photo of the logo in question. You can post it here, or email me direct, and we'll do our best to help.

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

#60459 Tue Nov 18 2003 03:59 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
In the last pics posted on the gas geek breakfast there is as green MarveLube Oil bottle rack side. It has the right colors for early MarveLube stuff...dodogas

#60460 Wed Nov 19 2003 12:27 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I do not have an image of the logo from the patron (and I am unlikely to get one). Some outside dates would probably be enough for them. When did the brand line come out and when did it stop.

Thanks

------------------
Mark Geldof
Librarian
George Shepherd Library
Western Development Museum
Saskatoon SK. Canada.

#60461 Wed Nov 19 2003 02:29 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
This is from The Imperial Oil Marketing Plan to Introduce Imperial Marvelube Oil, a 14 x 17 1/2 publication to introduce the new product to the dealers. It was Feb 1926, there were 6 grades of oil. Marvelube was available till well after the Esso rebranding which occurred in 1948 ( not positive on that Date)

This from the dealer newsletter "The Salesmotor"on April 20th Marvelube went on sale across Canada. June 1st to meet this unfortunate demand-we have doubled our plant capacity. Also dealers were repeatedly selling out. Exclusive use of Peruvian crude.is the reason for its success in september of 1926 Gasoline with Ethyl was introduced.

Hope that helps..dodogas

#60462 Thu Nov 20 2003 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a photo from Dodogas of some Imperial items to try and narrow down the year of the logo.

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved