Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
This eBay Mercury Pam clock lister continues to list and make no disclosure regarding a reproduced clock face. The listing in question is 231512396688. The lister xxblitzburghxx also goes by qualitycounts23. What really burns me is the listing berates "scammers", when he is the scammer.

When I trade messages this person believes he has the right to say whatever he wants about the clock in the listing because he has done his due diligence and it's the buyers responsibility to do the same. He is getting top $$$ in a very down market for clocks.

What more can I do?? I keep reporting him but nothing happens. I get three or four others to report and nothing happens. What can be done to stop him and his misleading practices???

Always looking for back-lit advertising clocks, prefer Telechron, American Time & Electric Time. Also Pam in good condition.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
E-bay doesn't care and they have such a small workforce with all their cutbacks that it's a no win situation. We used to have a member here who had connections there but he got so frustrated that he told them to take a hike. They don't make money ending auctions and it's all about the $$$$$. All you can do is try to keep educating the public and even then some people just don't get it!

I used to report auctions every day but when e-bay stopped helping, I stopped reporting as it was doing no good.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
clock of subject:... cool

merclo.JPG

RANDY
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
There is only one company to blame for these Pam clocks with makers names and dates on them and that is Waynes Neon Clocks in Ohio.. that company has been doing it for years,
http://www.waynesneonclocks.com/ ..
I have the original thermometer that it was copied from ,

Mercury Pam thermometer 57'.jpg

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes I agree Wes its a bit of a double edged sword-- Waynes is a good resource for many much needed parts for restoring old original clocks but at the same time it can not (IMO) be argued that he/they were/are a big part of the problem with the unmarked- and what is even worse- falsely marked, new backlit clock faces. Tons of these fake faced clocks,all over the place not just on Ebay either.Auctions, antique shops, Craigslist. Its hard to push the river.....

A
A
It is discouraging to see junk go for higher prices than legitimate memorabilia...I too quit reporting after numerous times with no action...

Seeking soda double bubble clocks...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I like to collect clocks but have accepted the fact that many of the clocks have a new face. I just passed on a 20 inch coke clock that the face was toast and I know who bought it and they found someone to make a face that size and it says trade mark REG. I think it's over with the older repo out there tough to find a real clock.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Unless you want to buy a bunch of those clocks at wholesale and flood the market with duplicates at prices below what this ebay seller is offering there isn't much you can do.

You could also list one for sale but in the title put BEWARE - Fake Mercury Clock, explain why it's fake and hope prospects will take notice. Do a long term listing where it will come up in searches the same as the seller of the fake.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved