Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
I found this neat little Ford neon @ local garage sale over the weekend and grabbed it. It measures 16.5" wide x 11" high. I was told by the seller,an old guy in a scooter chair he worked at local dealer and had it since the 1970's. He was told to throw it away because neon tube broke, so he hung it on garage wall at home. I have no idea of vintage (year), value or cost to repair? Is it worth repairing? Sign appear to be heavy porcelain and is in excellent condition with no chips at all. transformer, switch, plug all appear original. There are no marking on sign, can etc. indicating mfg or date.

Ford Neon Sign 009.JPG Ford Neon Sign 010.JPG Ford Neon Sign 013.JPG Ford Neon Sign 001.JPG

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pretty sure its a made up deal/fantasy. Dont know about the sign itself. A decent neon guy could fix the tube no problem. I would think for less than a hundred.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
JimT's right. Fantasy neon with a poorly executed neon power system, can, etc.

I think the sign is likely a 90's reproduction from what I can see of it.

A neon shop can fix it up, the tube isn't a big cost, just getting the whole can completed in proper shape will probably push the bill to above $100 unless you know the shop owner.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved