Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
First: Great Site, thanks so much for the great information and entertaining content.
I've scoured this and several others for hours, with good intentions to find some information on my uncle's Wayne gas pump, with not tto much luck:

Q1: Would that be CUT 515F (???) Unbelievable as it may seem, I can't quite read it and you would know what it could possibly read.
Q2: What does "KEEP STUFFING BOXES TIGHT" mean?
Q3: Any info at all on pump would be appreciated.
Thanks again everyone! Jamie

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Jamie,

Welcome to the site. This is a great site for information.

CUT 515 means that your pump is a Wayne Model 515. From searching previous posts I believe your pump was made in 1924 and is considered a "wet hose pump". There is a book available called "An Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps" by Jack Sim that would be a very valuable resource for you if you decide that you like this hobby.

Keep Boxes Tight--from searching on this site from previous posts (see Search button just below the Post Reply button), means that the stuffing boxes were the brass nuts around the pump shaft. Usually these were packed with a graphite packing then a washer and spring went between the packing and the nut. The movement of the pump handle could cause the nut "box" to loosen. Not sure of the pumps value, but from previous posts about your pump's value, I believe it is worth around $1,200 if it is complete.

Hopefully others will jump in soon and help you out. Do check out the "Search" button and also check out the "pictures" button to search through the gas pump album for pictures. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will jump in with more info.

Again, welcome to the site.

Mac

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Nice looking pump there jsdude. The pump is a nice clean original pump that looks to be complete and even has a nice original paint job still left on it. Are you getting the pump from your Uncle? If so be warned that this hobby is addictive and most would agree that you cannot just have one gas pump.

The metro brand was a Mobil product that there is a thread in the showcase and stories which will show some of the other Mobil products. What other info would you like to know about your pump?

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I must agree with Mac, everything he stated is exactly correct and very well put. Good job Mac.

Thanks, Phil
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello JSDUDE 77,

Welcome to the site and hope you have the info you are needing here. I also hope everybody has been friendly to you. The pump you have looks very nice and agree that $1200 would be a fair price for this pump.

My question is about the nozzle hanging on the wall in the first pic, is it for sale? if so how much and could you send me a better pic of the nozzle.

Thanks,

Easy G. Butler
pontiac_chieftan@yahoo.com

Please title it Nozzle for sale, thanks.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved