Next Thread
Print Thread
#60836 Thu Nov 11 2004 07:30 PM
F
Fred Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hello there,

I recently acquired an old parts manual display/holder from the mechanic at work before it headed into the trash bin. This brings back fond memories going to the local parts store before everything at the sterile mega parts stores went to computer. I would like to restore this and use it in a garage at some point, but I wanted to ask a few questions. Does anyone have any vintage or restored version photos of one? By the light, there is a slot for sliding what appears to what may have been an advertisement, or something else? The color was originally a cross between baby and royal blue. This is my first time to post pictures, so if it does not work, please let me know and I will email Mr. Moderator. Thank you in advance, and have a great evening!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60837 Thu Nov 11 2004 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fred,
I have a parts book holder that has a plastic Hastings Piston Rings sign in it. Sorry, can't post a picture of it. Its hopelessly buried in the shed.
If you can't find a sign, maybe you could have a decal made.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#60838 Fri Nov 12 2004 10:39 AM
F
Fred Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Bob,

Thank you for the reply, and no problem about a picture. Yes, I believe you are probably right about making a decal or such, but as any puritst, I would love to find the real deal. If anyone out there has a source for such a sign as Bob mentioned, please let me know. Thank you, and have a great Friday!

Fred

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved