Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#608440 Tue Apr 14 2015 06:03 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I just found this forum while on Ebay looking at vintage oil company signs. I do not know much about vintage oil company signs ( or vintage gas pumps for that matter) but I want to learn about them.

My first job after high school was pumping gas at a Gulf service station and washing cars for a local dealership. I later worked at a local Texaco refinery then left Texaco to work as an operator at a Mobil Chemical O/A plant. I am now a grandparent to four grandchildren (so far) and want to collect memorabilia especially from these oil companies to give my grandchildren one day. I know I have a lot to learn about vintage collecting but felt this was the right place to learn about oil company ( and gas station) vintage items.

Also, my parents taught all of us children(I have two siblings) to work hard in whatever job you were working in. I left working as an chemical plant operator, after finishing my college degree, attended law school and later became a prosecutor for 8 and 1/2 years. I have always loved the outdoors and that is one thing I disliked about being an attorney as I was always in a courtroom working and not outside! (thus my first job was at a gas station ...Also, when I was younger, I had a horse and use to rodeo..) Anyways, I love detailing our cars and don't mind working outside in the elements. My spouse and I have been blessed so we take our jet skis's to Destin every summer and spend time there with both our children and our grandkids on vacation. Hobbies are important and I love mine but realize Family, Faith and Friends are more important ..just my two cents..

Last edited by AttyVette; Tue Apr 14 2015 08:43 AM. Reason: added additional content
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard... cool

RANDY
Online Content
Welcome to Oldgas.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to OldGas!

Braden Splichal

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the welcome:).. I have already enjoyed viewing and reading other posts on this forum .

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Glad to have another old-gasser from Texas on the site. I'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment and gain plenty of petroliana knowledge, I know I have.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas.com!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas.com

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Welcome Karen Fantastic introduction If you are planning on buying signs on Ebay or any where for that matter beware there are a LOT of fake signs out there if you are in doubt be sure to ask before purchasing a sign.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Welcome Karen Fantastic introduction If you are planning on buying signs on Ebay or any where for that matter beware there are a LOT of fake signs out there if you are in doubt be sure to ask before purchasing a sign.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved