Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Unfortunately two signs were stolen from my place last nite. 72" Round 2 sided Flying A Service porcelain and a 72" Round one sided Used Cars (White Background, red letters, blue "ribbon" around the outside. Please keep a look out and message me if you see any come up for sale. Will try to post pictures later. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you want some help finding your signs I would suggest you give us better location than "Midwest."

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Some people don't want to disclose who they are & where they are from. I am not ashamed to list who I am & where I am from!
Wayne

Wayne
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He's somewhere in this area.

2015-04-18-15-10-04-931003796.jpeg

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you want some help...location and good photos would be a great help. Midwest is a little broad... Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I believe we are looking in the upper Midwest, MN, WI, ND,SD and southern Canada.

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Signs could end up anywhere. Nationwide lookout is not a bad idea.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Let's beat up on the guy that just had part of his collection stolen. Did it ever occur to you guys that people don't give their exact location because of security concerns?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'll keep my eye open at the pioneer power swap meet this next weekend.

Last edited by bowserman; Sat Apr 18 2015 05:17 PM.

- Jacob -
Email: jake5246@hotmail.com
Cell 507-259-2601
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hate that for you . Seems this is becoming a common occurrence anymore. Makes one wonder if displaying our stuff is just a open invitation to the vermin . Get us some pictures and I will watch for them as well.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would never put any of my stuff outdoors.
Even though thats what it was made for I'm smart enough to know that it's a magnet for thieves. I keep all my signs inside under lock and key with an alarm. I'll share it with anyone who asks to see it but would never trust it outside

Seeking Knowledge and a Good Deal.
Always looking for neon signs and skins , Flying A ,& Wayne 60s.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Who's getting the "beat down" ? Nowhere in the thread is there a negative comment. People just trying to help. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I will watch our local ads around here..I'm in the Midwest I guess.

Sorry about your loss.

Furthers my conviction to not display stuff outside.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
WOW, This is a very long time contributor and member here. You can only come up with those comments about his location ?? Good guy, and help is all he is asking. These things are sometimes close, but also can be across state lines in short order. Had stuff taken from me and it was all pre-arranged before they were stolen. They ended up everywhere.

Craig
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The hard part, as has been discussed on OG before is ID'g your signs. Without pictures of which signs and whether there's specific damage unless someone is offered both signs at once it's difficult to know when they turn up. The Used Cars is actually easier to ID being less common, so hopefully it will get spotted.

With an ID of area of theft being midwest I know the chance they will turn up in SC is slim. However, if I was in the specific region you live in I'd know to be seriously on the lookout. I'll still keep my eyes out here in SC though.

The reason I recovered 80% of what was stolen from me last November was because I gave specific information where, when, what was stolen and my local contacts had their ears and eyes out knowing exactly what to look for. I spammed Craigslist, OG, and regional Facebook sites so that people were on the lookout all over in case it was a professional hit instead of just opportunistic.

Proactive securing of signs for anyone with displays outside should be the norm from the get-go, including video/camera surveillance. If you can afford to display a Flying A, you should be just as willing to invest in reasonable security. (multiple securing methods to start).

Photo-logging of entire collections should be commonplace, you can buy CHEAP digital cameras so there is no excuse for not having evidence of your collection for reference and insurance if you've got money invested.

I hope the OP keeps us posted on the progress as well. It's good to know what to be on the lookout for at shows.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved