Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60903 Mon Dec 05 2005 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi guys,

Another value question here... I recently ran across a Gilbarco polished aluminum nozzle at an antique store. It's in very nice, maybe NOS shape, has a straight aluminum spout with a turn toward the end. The spout has a brushed finish. The body has a polished finish, with Gilbarco script on both sides, and the handle is chromed die cast pot metal. It also has a large radially ribbed cast brass hose adaptor.

It's priced 30. I was kinda wanting to knew what time period it would have been used in, as well. I might be getting a 1965 model pump, and was thinking this would be great if it happens to be from the right period...

Thanks,
Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60904 Tue Dec 06 2005 01:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO, the script Gilbarco nozzles go on the 900 and perhaps also the 1000-series pumps.
The older 96/98 didn't have the Gilbarco in script. You would easily see what type to use by looking at the face of the pump. I would use the same type of text on the nozzle as on the face. These nozzles would be 50's (same as 900 series and 1000 series pumps)
My guess would be that any nozzle with an automatic shut off valve would be more correct for the Mobil drum pump, but the price of $30 seem OK for a nice Gilbarco Script nozzle.
My 2 cents....
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 12-06-2005).]

#60905 Tue Dec 06 2005 07:36 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wes,
IMO that is an ok price if you can use the script nozzle. I have a polisher/plater who does my nozzles for 20.00 polish each and applies a clear after.

Kim

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved