MR ESSO Offline OP
OP Offline
M
can someone please give me a idea on
what a refinished m/s 80 is worth.

thanx in advance

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#6094 Mon Sep 09 2002 11:27 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Since each one of us has a different definition of "refinsihed" we really can't quote on anything without first seeing it. I personally have seen "refinished or restored" to mean everything from chroming the frame, to taking a spray can to the outside only. If you refinished it, you know what you have in it, add what you think is a desent figure for your labor and come up with a price. If you didn't refinish it, estimate what you think it would have cost you to do the job and again add in the labor.
Also, you didn't mention which 80 it is. If it has a script top it is worth much more than one with the sight glass at the top, or any other model 80s.
I also would like to add that I know of person who does one of the most fabulous jobs when restoring a pump, and he also sells them very reasonable because he doesn't add in anything for his labor. He feels he wouldn't be doing anything anyway.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#6095 Thu Sep 12 2002 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack, please email me details on how I can contact this friend of yours. I wouldn't mind having an MS80 restored as "Mobilgas special", here in Sweden.
thanks,
Claes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved