Print Thread
#60990 Wed Nov 07 2007 08:36 AM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
I've been asked if I would consider handling SIGN OF THE MONTH but don't feel I know enough about various oil companies. There are plenty of pictures out there but, if I were to consider this, how many of you would be willing to send to me a story about a particular Gas and/or Oil company along with at least one photo to get it started each month. If enough people get on board you would only have to do one story. Rather then just have pictures, I'd like to see a story go with the subject. If I can get enough of you to email me at hotcidr@cox.net with your ideas then I might take this on. Let's make it interesting.
Ray

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#60991 Wed Nov 07 2007 11:11 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Sounds like you are trying to do too much. Are you interested in the signs, or in the history of the companies? Don't let this idea get out of hand. My suggestion is that if you do it, start out with rest room signs, go to signs found on stands that had oil bottles, then signs that were on oil can racks, marine signs, credit card signs, then gas pumps signs from a particular company, etc. When you run out of catagories, start the process over again. The idea is endless, but keep it simple.
Jack Sim

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 11-08-2007).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved