Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#607658 Wed Apr 08 2015 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just thought I would share a sneak peak of the custom skins I'm having made for my Wayne 40A.
They are about 2x as thick and are being cut out on a computer programed plasma torch.
I had to do a light mock up to get the right location for the nozzle fork holder hole. So far the one fit like a glove and I have not cleaned it up at all yet!
The windows weren't supposed to be 31" long but a mistake might just be better than my original plan.
I'll share more later when I get the set home.
Take care and drive/ride safe Oldgassers!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looking forward to seeing it finished Dave.

Kurt

pickurt #607878 Fri Apr 10 2015 05:36 AM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I did that to a 40A pump. I found a rubber-type window trim at Pep Boys that matched the profile around the face plate and painted after it was applied. Looked nice.

bppierce #607879 Fri Apr 10 2015 05:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those will make a nice looking straight pump .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx for the kind words Guys!!
Got the other 2 home the other day.
The last pic shows the difference of the gauge metal between the stock and these custom skins.
The cutouts have the same line on the bottom, between the 4 skins. I like the idea of rubber around the windows but I'm going to try to find some type of chrome or chromish trim to go around the windows and EVERYTHING inside is going to have to be done to the 9s because it will all be very visible with these large windows.
I'm also thinking of smaller windows up top on the side skins to show off Joe's amazing work and the beauty of the computer. Might even get a hold of Kevin and get one of those kits to run the computer while looking at it.??!!
I was going to go Oilzum with it but due to the volatile temperament and overreaction...(self censoring goin on in here) ..., that's out, but I think Johnson might be a great brand to go with and I already have a original Brilliant Bronze map to put in it when it's done.
I don't know if anyone is interested in having a set made for them, but I will check if it's possible if someone lets me know that they would be interested in a set of these. I would guess that windows could be cut out according to what is wanted like mine but with out the mistake since we have ironed out the bugs while making my set.

Take care and drive/ride safe Oldgassers!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Mock up day for my 40A!!
Minus the top because it's at a shop being drilled for the bolts and screws.
The thick custom skins are SWEET and fit just like I thought they would!! The Joe Yocom 8" custom built computer fits in there like a glove!
Thanx again Joe!
Take care and drive/ride safe!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks good so far. Keep up the good work.

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved