Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I said from the beginning that I wanted to collect absolutely nothing but original stuff, you know THE REAL DEAL! Two weeks ago I would've told you the same thing. A funny thing here, I've had the completed OPP sitting in my shop for a couple of weeks and I came to find out that I am in love with Lance's globe! I went to take it off yesterday so I could start getting the unit ready to ship and felt something wierd, sorrow that the globe the was going. The pump leaving didn't bother me because I have another just like it that's, and it's on the list to be restored for my collection. What I fell in love with was the truly beautiful design layout, the complementing colors and the absolutely flawless workmanship in both of the lenses. Let's face it, I'll probably NEVER get a chance to own an orginal Johnson globe, but darn it I've got the next best thing, a globe that's not a $69.00 item that pops up in every catalog one opens! Chances are once my globe collection is finished (if that ever happens) this will be the only reproduction I own but darn it, I LIKE IT! I get the same feeling looking at it as I do any original I have (not that I have any suoer dooper orignals that would hurt any of yall's feelings anyway!).

I've got Lance at pogogas.com shipping the OPP buyer 2 new Johnson lenses, I've got Cheese shipping him the same black body, I'll send the buyer the pump and not shed a tear. WHY? Because I've stil got MY Johnson globe!
Thanks for listening,

Neal

[This message has been edited by gas pump freak (edited 05-19-2005).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its a beautiful Globe Neal..cant blame you for wanting to keep it.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
I HERE YA......I DON'T COLLECT ANYTHING NOT ORIGINAL UNLESS I MAKE A MISTAKE (I HAVE)...SOME OF THE GLOBES THAT LANCE HAS DESIGNED AND REPRODUCED ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL AND DO LOOK A HECK OF A LOT BETTER THAN A LOT OF THE ORIGINALS.......SO COLLECT WHAT YOU ENJOY THATS WHAT COLLECTING IS ALL ABOUT.
REX LIKES GLOBES

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree 100%. What are the chances of us getting an original Johnson or Polly or any of those beautiful globes that he designing? Slim to none. Maybe I'll find one 30 years from now, but in the meantime I have a beautiful Johnson Globe that is identical to the original. Thanks Lance and all the other guys out there making unique limited edition high quality 15 inch reproduction globes.
~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved