Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61200 Sun Nov 07 2004 06:52 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Group,
I went by Saturday and took another look at that Southwest 45 for sale. The body and one door have a few dents down low, hinges are all present, turn back handle is broken off, nozzle is OK Both doors are "sprung" out of shape...

My issue is with Ad Glass size. I measured the Ad glass opening; and the the maximum size glass that would fit from the back.

The opening is 3 1/2" X 10 1/2".
Max size would be 4 1/2" X 11 3/4".

Looking at the Ad Glass sizes listed on Webbers web site, the closest one would be Size 9 - 5" X 11 3/4". Length is OK but the width would need 1/4" removed from both sides.

I have a good local glass shop; but I wonder if such a small amount (1/4") can be removed from each side?

Still undecided,
JP

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#61201 Sun Nov 07 2004 07:34 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
The doors on my pump have an inner skin that makes some repairs difficult, but the hinge portion of the door should be no problem. Vics has 2 different reset handles available, though I dont know which one would be correct. As far as the ad glass. taking 1/8"' off either side wouls probably be done with a grinder, the kind that is used for the beveled edges on shelves & glass. It sounds like you've got it all covered, and your off & running. Keep us posted.

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

#61202 Sun Nov 07 2004 08:03 AM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
JP alot of the repo add glass is cut down to size just before it is shipped out to you. When you order it just tell them what size you need and they can cut it for you. Richard

#61203 Sun Nov 07 2004 02:33 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Thunder and Richard.
Richard the "cut to size" concept for Ad Glass is just what I need.

You guys should have seen my wife's face when I mentioned I may buy a gas pump yesterday. She said "So that’s why you bought me flowers!"

I thought she would have taken it better - She tolerates the jukes, coke machines... so well.

I even offered to do the pump as a "White Rose" or maybe "Magnolia". Then she sort of warmed up to the idea. (As long as it's not visible from the street.)
Go Figure.
JP

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved