Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#61401 Fri May 02 2003 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure wish I could go! Be sure to post a report on the show........but if I missed some great globes I don't want to hear about it.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#61402 Sat May 03 2003 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got in from the show, it was a fine one. Picked up a sign and other odds and ends. Looking forward to the Brighton show in two weeks then Columbus gas. It's a great time of year.

#61403 Sat May 03 2003 04:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOB THEY HAD BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ON ORIGINAL GILMORE GLOBES.. LOL!!!!!

#61404 Sat May 03 2003 05:04 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... frankie... that was great !!!... bet bob don't think so !!!!

#61405 Sat May 03 2003 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex and Jarvis probably got all those! LOL
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

#61406 Sat May 03 2003 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had an email from someone that went to the show. There was a guy there with a one piece Sinclair Aircraft globe that he had traded ten globes for. Turns out the Sinclair might be a repro!!!!!!!! He had the sellers name and other info posted.
Know the people you are dealing with! If you don't know them ask a reputable dealer or collector about them. Research what globes have been repopped. The more valuable the globe the more diligent you need to be.
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!
Bob

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 05-04-2003).]

#61407 Sat May 03 2003 06:42 PM
W
W
We just got in the door from the Ohio show And I had to check out the noise going on in here. I passed up a reeeeaaallllyyyy nice yellow Husky can and a set of Sovreign lens' but other than that not much for me. No Super Clark anything...or dixie, atleast that I saw.

Kelly

#61408 Sat May 03 2003 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Guys! The show was great. Got my Mobil Gas Special globe from Richard Weir and it was as nice as he described.

As Bob mentioned earlier about the Sinclair Aircraft globe, has anyone else had any information about other one-piece globes being reproduced and the people responsible for them? We need to work together by posting the names of the dishonest on this site just like what was done at the Ohio Gas Show.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#61409 Sat May 03 2003 10:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We all need to be informed, but we better not mention names. We don't need legal trouble. I'd be OK with everyone putting together a list of repros. Marked or not. The only reason to make an unmarked repro is to deceive someone.
Bob

#61410 Sun May 04 2003 07:16 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, You are right to some excitant ... like the guy that bided on Hubba's globe might have read it was New Old Stock but that doesn't give him the right to come to this site and post negative feedback about Hubba. Now on the other hand if a guy has burned 4 or 5 people with high dollar fakes and is in trouble then I think I would want to know. I saw the Sinclair Aircraft globe and I would have thought it was an original. I am no globe expert but if one of us have been on the buying end and had an opportunity to find out the peoples names, it might make us more cautious. He had the guys name right there in red ink and said this isn't the first one he has done! I just don't want to get burned and no one else here to get burned either. How is it different that we wouldn't want to mention someone's name that is taking people for thousands but will post item numbers off ebay about negative buyers or sellers?

#61411 Sun May 04 2003 07:42 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, I thought about what I typed there and have changed my mind a little. Maybe we shouldn't name people that we don't really know if that happened to or not. The stuff that goes on with ebay is a matter of what actually did happen between a buyer and seller. The only thing we can do is warn people of what some guy at the show had said. You know the saying "innocent until proven guilty"

#61412 Sun May 04 2003 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello out there everyone. I am the guy whose name was on the poster. Glad you guys are smart enough not to label me a "crook" just yet. ALL of this trouble about one-piece globes comes from ONE individual that is trying to cover up some of his own wrong-doing that will soon be out in court here in Memphis, Tn. There is a case going on and I intend on going all the way with it. I can't elaborate on all the details but what I can tell you is that one person called several individuals and told them there globes were phony without any documentation or even examining the globes. He went off comparision photos of similar globes. I will let you know this will probably be a bad deal for some because the value of real globes has already been tarnished by one guy just because he said they were repos and EVERYONE believes he is the final word. He is going to be exposed. I have documentation on where I bought most of the globes and will pursue this to the end.

#61413 Sun May 04 2003 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT A MESS!!!!

#61414 Sun May 04 2003 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Roger,
Obviously we don't know the facts. Only those directly involved do. Thanks for posting what information you could.
Bob

#61415 Sun May 04 2003 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Roger, please post the trial information - docket number, court the trial is in, etc. If it's a public trail, then the transcripts are/will be public too.

When the trail is over, anyone that wants to, can request a copy of the transcript of the trial and see for themselves what was 'proven in court'. Once the trial has been completed, anything anyone might post here related to the trail, and taken from the trial transcripts, is not going to get the site in any trouble. It will all be a matter of 'public record'.

Hopefully, this trial will clear up any confusion steming from these misunderstandings.

Later . . .

Jim

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved