Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#61416 Sun May 04 2003 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be glad to as soon as the information is available. Right now though, it is in the discovery stages and has a long way to go. I don't have any other info that my lawyer will let me give out. I will keep everyone posted. Does anyone out there have a picture of the poster the guy posted with my name on it? I know this, he has been a globe collector since the late 1950's and inspected the globe at length BEFORE the purchase. Buy the way, the deal was for 3 complete globes and 3 single lenses, not 10 like the earlier post said. Anyone with that picture please send me a copy or call. I could use it and may need it should I decide to go to Ohio and file suit for liable. Thanks for all your concern!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#61417 Sun May 04 2003 10:08 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Roger,why not take the globes in question back and avoid a lot of legal expense? Our HOBBY ?? does not need any negative publicity.As value rises in any commodity the greed ,stories and competition increases. Some of the high prices I have seen lately [in my opinion] are not haveing a positive impact on our HOBBY,Rex.

#61418 Mon May 05 2003 07:09 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex, being a globe collector yourself, you ought to be the first to know that perseption is key here. Once a globe has been "labeled" a repop by others then the value is already gone. No one will touch the globes with a ten-foot pole. Why don't you get the person who ruined the value to buy them back and save the hobby the grief? We are talking about alot of money here and I am not Bill Gates.

#61419 Mon May 05 2003 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heres a good question... I know there are a lot of people that are globe experts but I think Scott B. would be the one that would have the last say in what that globe is. Repo or org. has Scott seen it and what did he say about it? He has seen the fakes and should know what it is. Rex is right, i won't buy any 1 piece globes because of what has happened! You know things like this is what will scare people away! The others are hard enough to keep staight. If people are going to make repo's DATE them!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#61420 Mon May 05 2003 03:48 PM
S
S
From what I have heard Scott B. also purchased a sign from this man and is also in litigation against him.

#61421 Mon May 05 2003 03:53 PM
S
S
Oops, did I say sign? I intendid to say globe. My understanding is that Scott B. is the one that has the lawsuit against this man.

#61422 Mon May 05 2003 05:23 PM
Since this topic has turned into a discussion of a dispute that is currently in litigation, I'm going to close this topic. Most of us really know very little about what is really going on here. It is not a good practice to make statements based on partial knowledge or hearsay during legal action.

Since I don't want this Web site to get involved in this lawsuit, I ask that this not be discussed here until the matter is settled legally. If you want to email each other, you are on your own.

Jim Potts

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 05-05-2003).]

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved