Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Had my best haul yet for home cans at the local swap this weekend. Pays to get in early.....

image.jpg

Chasing anything old......but women
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
few things

IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1458.JPG IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1461.JPG
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Great finds!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great sign Neil!!!! sure would look good in my garage!! lol

Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Found this wiper display on Saturday, after a lot of scrubbing it turned out really nice.

DSC_2531.JPG DSC_2529.JPG DSC_2528.JPG DSC_2525.JPG

Collecting Mobiloil, Mobilgas, Mobilmarine, Metro, General Petroleum, looking for Mobil variations I do not have, thank you Steve
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: TheGriffin
Also finally got one of these to go with my rebel grouping. An ORIGINAL Dixie Oil Company of ALA, inc globe (sort of a sister company of Rebel)

???

...I'd always heard the Dixie globes were all repros?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
Also finally got one of these to go with my rebel grouping. An ORIGINAL Dixie Oil Company of ALA, inc globe (sort of a sister company of Rebel)

???

...I'd always heard the Dixie globes were all repros?

I've always heard the Dixie globe that used the same graphics as the Rebel globes were all fantasy globes as they never existed as originals. It's my understanding that the fantasy Dixie globe were first produced in 1973.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What they said on Dixie Globes...I would love to learn something though if there was a real one...

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Its been a long held assumption that they were fantasy. I guess because there has never really been a champion to promote/defend the company. Heck, they still had gas stations up to about a year ago (down to 1 now and trying to get out of that lease). They started in 1959 selling Rebel branded gas before switching to their own Dixie Gas branded stations a few years later. Never had porcelain signs or anything, just the globes and plastic six footers (similar to the Rebel plastic's).

The original globes are only slightly different from the repops. From what I've seen there are also three different batches that Dixie ordered over the years. The first batch (globe pictured) was ordered by Rebel for Dixie from Cincinnati Advertising and matches the Rebel lens to a T. The second batch is only different by one flag tip. The third has a slightly different shade of blue and tan and may have been ordered from another glass company (Im guessing). The Repops have a different flag. To be honest, I've enjoyed getting original globes for repop prices but figured its time to let yall know.;)

Looking for any Alabama based globes and advertising such as Coastal, Rebel, Interstate Oil, Foster Oil (supertane), Mutual, Oil Well, etc...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
went west on pickin trip also and landed a few goodies.

bcpic2.jpg wr set.jpg

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its been a long held assumption that they were fantasy. I guess because there has never really been a champion to promote/defend the company. Heck, they still had gas stations up to about a year ago (down to 1 now and trying to get out of that lease). They started in 1959 selling Rebel branded gas before switching to their own Dixie Gas branded stations a few years later. Never had porcelain signs or anything, just the globes and plastic six footers (similar to the Rebel plastic's).

The original globes are only slightly different from the repops. From what I've seen there are also three different batches that Dixie ordered over the years. The first batch (globe pictured) was ordered by Rebel for Dixie from Cincinnati Advertising and matches the Rebel lens to a T. The second batch is only different by one flag tip. The third has a slightly different shade of blue and tan and may have been ordered from another glass company (Im guessing). The Repops have a different flag. To be honest, I've enjoyed getting original globes for repop prices but figured its time to let yall know.;)

Very interesting!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice stuff everyone.

Rob, I now know why I can't find more of the Richfield signs, LOL.....nice assortment!

Last edited by Mike M.; Wed May 27 2015 05:40 AM.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
X
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
X
Weekend haul from the Coastal Swap meet in Abbotsford, BC.

image.jpg

Looking for Canadian quart cans and items. White Rose, North Star...
X
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
X
Nice work on all the Home cans Mike.

Looking for Canadian quart cans and items. White Rose, North Star...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
found those at a car show this weekend

mobiloil, Nervic, Castrol french 1930's oil can & Doll german 1930 electric train

elektrion motor oil 1946 tin sign & prize penn quart can

french tin toy ML martinan larnaude cabriolet red and cream

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved