Next Thread
Print Thread
#615190 Thu May 28 2015 11:58 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
This lock is from a G & B T-88 pump. I've removed tumblers from many other pump locks, but this one has got me stumped. I've played with home made keys to no avail. Are there any keys out there for this lock, or what's the trick of getting the tumbler out?

g & b lock -1_edited-1.jpg GB LOCK-1_edited-1.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Savinsam #615191 Thu May 28 2015 12:14 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
On mine the strip on your second picture should slide out. There should be springs with pins inside so go slow when you pull it out if you want to save them. Good luck hope yours is like mine. Richard

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Good advice, Richard! I never thought that I could slide that strip out of there, but with careful filing and persuasion it slid out. I was hoping to disregard the springs and keepers & just use a fake key or even a screwdriver to open & close the lock. It's all polished and put back together, but the throw of the tumbler doesn't seem to turn the locking pins up & down very far. I wonder how much throw was on them when new? Sam

Savinsam #615243 Thu May 28 2015 05:08 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Sam I don't remember how much throw there was. I don't think I put the spring and keepers back in. I just use a flat key. Richard

S
S
I took mine to a lock smith and he made me a key for mine

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Never had one of these in my hands but by the look of it yes that piece would slide out and there should be springs and the top pins, there should also be corresponding bottom pins (dedicated to the cuts on the key)that when you insert the key it pushes them up to the correct shear line and allows the core to turn in the housing. Remove all pins & springs and it will turn freely with anything inserted. Not sure what the "throw mechanism" looks like but could be wore out or down ? Z

Last edited by H1HUMMER; Fri May 29 2015 04:45 AM.
H1HUMMER #615320 Fri May 29 2015 09:02 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's a standard Yale profile lock. The core is held in by a detent pin and the top cap holds the springs and top pins (drivers) in place. The lower pins correspond to the depths in the cuts of a given key to create the shear line which allows the cylinder to turn.

Take the lock to any locksmith and they can fit the correct blank and code cut a key, or impression a key for the cylinder for about $12 to $20.

Earl

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved