Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#618132 Tue Jun 16 2015 06:13 AM
Viking1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's a question for the oldgas veterans: What are some of the best collectible pumps that have "hinged doors"? I saw a picture of a nice Bennett 966 with a hinged door and I like it very much. Are there any other pumps that have a similar design. I like the old Gilbarco's very much, but have not seen any with hinged doors.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Eric
("Newbie" with some farm pumps, trying to decide on which classic retail pump to buy first for restoration)

Bennett 766, Wayne 505, Gilbarco 1006, A.O. Smith L-3 "Smithway", and a multitude of Gasboy, Gilbarco, Tokheim, Bennett consumer pumps.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Most pumps had hinged doors. There are a few that had a lift off style doors. I would say the list is longer for hinged door pumps.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I would say the Tokheim 36ADC is a really nice hinged door pump.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As mentioned above there are a lot of hinged door pumps. Prior to 1937 most pumps had pined or latched lift off doors, some were screwed on. Around 1937 a lot of the pump manufactures started using hinges on there doors. My favorite hinged door pump is the 300 and 500 series Bennett. My most favorite would be an Erie 53, but they are very hard to come by and very expensive. The door on them is on the side not the front.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved