Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PapaRJ Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Looking for any kind of help, got this from a friend who disassembled it, Looking for any pictures or what I could Google for help. Tried to Google Wayne oil tank but had no luck. It's pat' dates are June 13,1916 - Nov 20, 1917 and Dec 8,1918. It has a clock face readout dial.Wanting to see the wheels. Mine are all missing.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I think what you have is a gasoline cart? Wayne built the Model 228 in 1917-27. used in factories or filling stations, according to An illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps. Written by Jack Sim, on this site. He would probably have some literature showing it together? I currently have an unrestored Boyle Dayton gas cart on my site under "For Sale" Pumps. The wheels on your unit would have round holes instead of heart cut-outs. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Many times patent dates are of no help, what you need is the Model number for the tank.

First of all a picture is necessary if you do not have the model number. Your tank is probably pictured in my Gas Pump ID book (out of print), but Wayne made many all a little bit different.

I would suggest you go to this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20pumps.htm
then start clicking on the very low numbers on the left side. Your tank probably has a model number of below 100.

Just saw the post above this one, again to that webpage and click on the 228.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Jul 10 2015 03:13 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
PapaRJ Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jack Sim, I sentyou a pic via email. Could you give me a value? Any Ideas as want I could do to make it more sellable, or just sell as is. Thanks RJ

P
PapaRJ Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks to everyone on finding pictures

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved