Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#622656 Tue Jul 21 2015 07:36 AM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I believe that this collection is coming up for auction next year from the post on Dan's face book. I can only say it would be great just to be there and get photos.

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
when & where please post ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
I and for those who Don't do Facebook believe this is what they are talking about

http://www.matthewsauctions.com/gallery.php?action=get&id=920

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I saw it by chance on a face book thing and no I do not have that either just stumbled across it. It did not have a date though.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dan has about 115 pictures of the collection on his Facebook page. He said Morphys will be selling it next year. It did not have a date yet. I have been told it is the best petro collection out there? I am sure he will put more info here about the sale in the future.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
judging by the pictures I saw on Dan's page... it certainly could hold that title

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I looked through the pictures a few times already. Condition, rarity and quality are all there. I did not see any common or low end/ beat up stuff. A top quality museum collection for sure. I assume it would have to be sold over several days or several separate sales. Several items I need for my collection but probably out of my price range.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

I would like to go just for some photos and to be surrounded by that. I see Kyle had a 26" Texaco in there for the non believers.

I didn't see the Texaco Airplane Globe, I'm sure there's a lot missing though.

What did Kyle do for a living ?

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I remember when I just started about 30 years ago and he was at a Gas Bash at Bill Allard's. He said then that he had sold his cable company for a lot of money, so I would imagine he would have been a pioneer in that field if that was so. After that I do not know.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kyle was a cable pioneer who sold out the cable company. http://www.clintondailynews.com/obituaries/kyle-moore

Scott Benjamin knew him well so I am sure he can add better details however he had one globe I wanted so I spoke to him a few times. He had a separate collection that he had at his house in Arizona of some of his best globes. I assume things like a set of gilmores any other really rare globes where there. When he passed that collection was pieced out from my understanding but that is just conjecture.

I have mixed feelings about this sale that don't necessarily have an answer:
1. There is 11 million dollars worth (when it was first sold) of collection ( from my memory) that is there if the collection is intact. How can the market absorb this much?
2. There are a couple of guys who could afford to buy the whole collection. Why didn't they step up? The quality is unmatched anywhere! Is that something to worry about?
3. How can anyone decide which pieces to buy, it is all AWESOME!
4.What will be the effect to the market post sale as the best pieces are bought by the big guys as they upgrade and then they sell there items...
5. Who is going to start dumping items before the sale to be ready to buy at this sale.
6. Holy ***** this will be amazing!
7. Which item will be bring the most money? The clipper? Houston? Champlain? Musgo? Sooner? Blue seal? Perhaps one of the tire tins? A globe?

This will be awesome!

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow...an amazing collection!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Scott:
Those are very good points and all are exactly right. I had heard at one time that there was over 3000 globes. You are exactly right, will this be too much at one time? It would be great to be kept together though. A national museum for this would be great, but who would run it. A venue like the one up in Calgary I believe would be great.

Craig
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
My wife and I looked through the pictures today. This will be one of the greatest if not THE greatest collections to ever be offered. Let's just say these items will definitely coax some "spirited bidding." Kyle loved pumps with 5 gallon attachments, that Raymond and Doran with the twin Fleckenstein attachment are awesome.

Goober

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have seen this collection when Kyle still had it and it was mind boggling..Frank

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved