Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I got to see that collection a few years back. That perforated Texaco Gas Oils sign will knock your eyes out with lighted. It had a rotating light that gave an amazing effect. I have the collection, including the lighted Texaco, on video, somewhere.

I think Nicky Fox restored most of those pumps.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would love to go to this auction to just witness it all and see some amazing stuff. He certainly had a great enormous collection of pumps, globes, and signs. Definitely quality, rarity, and quantity haha! He had one of the greatest collections out there, BUT it is not the biggest nor the rarest collection of pumps, globes and signs probably it is. He had some one of one pumps, globes, and signs. My good friend and fellow collector said he was a great person and had quite the collection, he said Kyle was the guy who got him started in the hobby. Hopefully all the items get put into good hands to care for it. Hopefully I can go to the auction and witness some history in the making!

Last edited by bsplichal95; Tue Jul 21 2015 08:14 PM.

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rare and Minty collection. As Craig says a collection like that would need to be preserved and maintained by a historical society with space, volunteers and know how to maintain. Calgary has a great example of such a collection (Ron Carey's) which is open to the public to fund its continued display and preservation.
This auction will be a great show to be part of when it happens. I agree with Scott's point #6.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The former Kyle Moore collection will be sold over five auction, started on Oct 5 we will be selling about 300 lots.

All auction will be held at Morphy's main location at 2000 North Reading Road, Denver, Pa., 17517

Monday, Oct 5, 2015
Saturday, January 9, 2016
Sunday, April 24, 2016
July 23, 2016
Monday, October 3, 2016

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
5 trips to the east coast...yuck!

Scott Wright
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hey guys, Denver is just outside of Hershey, it looks like at least two of the auctions will be on Monday around the time the Carlisle/Hershey shows.

Just start saving you money.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
powerlube #622791 Tue Jul 21 2015 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By powerlube
5 trips to the east coast...yuck!

should be 5 consecutive days too keep the travelers happy ... cool

RANDY
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Actually a good idea, too much for one time and gives people a chance to gather more money. Still a long go for the west coasters though.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This will change the hobby.

New signs in dans second post that could be the record setters: smitholene large 30 or 48?, kunz die cut kunz,ace high what looks like graphic tin with the airplane and car, wood oils, Polly neon double sided, Quincy independent with the person holding the sign,

It looked like a few of the signs were retouched or restored. Does anyone know which signs were restored?

Scott Wright
powerlube #622839 Wed Jul 22 2015 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By powerlube
Does anyone know which signs were restored?

a valid concern/question. in a collection that large and that 'minty' surely there is some signs that have been professionally restored. and now that the owner has passed... how will anyone know?

BryceG #622844 Wed Jul 22 2015 09:44 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Just to set the record straight...Kyle Moore was my dear friend of nearly 40 years until his passing in March of 2014. There is not a day I don't miss him. When he sold his first collection around 2007, to a billionaire, who has since ran into financial problems, hence the sale, Kyle told me that his collection had about 1000 globes and 1500 signs. Pumps I'm not sure, probably 100 of the best ones out there. The buyer had intended to build a museum to house the collection intact but it never happened. In fact, though it was paid for, the collection still sits at Kyle's house/building. I helped him at that time to appraise many of the gas globes. You could not duplicate this collection today no matter how much money you have there just isn't that number of quality pieces out there. Kyle had the means to buy large collections just to upgrade a piece or two and sell the extras off. He gathered much of these items in the 1970s before most of the hobby was starting, so he got the best back then when mint pieces and rare pieces were easier to find. When you do this for 40 years with no limits this is the result. Kyle started a second collection after the first sale but that has been sold off over the last couple years. I'm sure there is something for everyone here. Have fun with it! Scott Benjamin

BryceG #622845 Wed Jul 22 2015 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is sad to see someone's collection being sold once they have passed on and the collection being listed ,redistributed etc ,but I realize that's just part of life . Looks like Mr Moore was a true collector by the photos. I just can't imagine the years , energy , time , and money involved in assembling collections like his that was posted . I don't want to sound disrespectful or depressing but I always wonder how prices will hold up in the future when more larger collections come up for sale and more stuff is out there.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wish there was a way to easily get all the pictures posted here on OG... I can only imagine referencing this collection 20+ years from now

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am sure a book will be made.

Scott- thanks for the clarification. I know we all miss Kyle, you more then most.

Scott Wright
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved