Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#622102 Thu Jul 16 2015 04:14 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Picked this up at a garage sale and was looking for info on age and value. Minor rust but otherwise in good shape.

Phillips 66

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Its just a 60s era Phillips decal applied to a 50s era washer. No value to a petroleum guy. Maybe $75 as an antique washer.

Good oil cans don't wait for people, people wait for them.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Up here in Canada these are quite collectable for petroliana guys who want a washer by their pumps. These were pretty much a standard item for most stations here in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The one at my parent's station got a lot of use and abuse, but it did the job. I've never seen one with a company decal so that may be suspect. Anyway the price up here would be around $200 or so if in good condition. Cheers, Don.

Last edited by coopersplace; Sat Jul 18 2015 07:44 AM.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By 2 Gallon Luke
Its just a 60s era Phillips decal applied to a 50s era washer. No value to a petroleum guy. Maybe $75 as an antique washer.
After looking at this unit, I think it is in fact a wringer tub for a washing station? There is no machinery for use as a clothes washer? Having worked in stations at a younger age. I recall this type wringer to dry out towels after a car wash. This does in fact fall under automobilia and I think the $200. range is close. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Our wringer sat on the front island between the gas pumps and contained soapy water and a large sponge. Every car and truck that pulled up for gas had their windows, lights, mirrors and license plates wiped down with the sponge and then cleaned off with a dry chamois. When finished the chamois was put through the wringer to squeeze out the excess water so it could be used throughout the day. On a real busy day the water might have to be changed out a few times to keep it reasonably clean.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don those were the days, eh!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Definitely a gas station item. They are tough to find. Here's a link to one, I bought a while ago.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=533888&page=all

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved