Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#624905 - Sat Aug 08 2015 01:46 PM Real or fake Pure Gas Globe Lenses on ebay
SeinfeldKramer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
I want to get your guys opinions on these Pure lenses on eBay if there real or reproductions? It worries me there conveniently worn where it would say reproduction. If the seller is on this site I'm not here to offend anyone I just want opinions

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331623928914?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

#624906 - Sat Aug 08 2015 01:53 PM Re: Real or fake Pure Gas Globe Lenses on ebay [Re: SeinfeldKramer]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.

#624907 - Sat Aug 08 2015 02:12 PM Re: Real or fake Pure Gas Globe Lenses on ebay [Re: SeinfeldKramer]
Keystone Gas Man Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Parkersburg, WV 26101
The notches look to be cut for a glass body... Kinda hard to tell from the pics on ebay. Most repops have small notches for Capco bodies...And the font looks right.. IMO I would say real.

Edited by Keystone Gas Man (Sat Aug 08 2015 02:15 PM)

#624908 - Sat Aug 08 2015 02:17 PM Re: Real or fake Pure Gas Globe Lenses on ebay [Re: SeinfeldKramer]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
I agree with Brian...the lenses are cut for glass and the white areas appear to be pretty thin which is indicative of lenses made for glass bodies, since the body created the "whiteness". While it might appear intentional at the 6 o'clock area, I see other areas of weathering along the sides of the lenses, also a sign of honest use on a pump. Someone probably tried to touch up the area to make it more white, which usually doesn't work well, especially if they are lit.
Darin

#624909 - Sat Aug 08 2015 02:20 PM Re: Real or fake Pure Gas Globe Lenses on ebay [Re: SeinfeldKramer]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
On a side note, if you're interested in these, I would ask for better pics of the notches. It looks like there is damage on one lens but the pics are pretty poor. It's one thing if a chip goes down or you're going to try and stuff them in a Capco, but when chips go UP on the notch, there can be issues mounting them in a glass body.
Darin

Edited by DWSheffer (Sat Aug 08 2015 02:21 PM)

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog5 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved