Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
LOL thanks Kim. I think most of the regulars here know enough to simply offer what it's worth to them and leave it at that, especially since I won't be posting what the offers are

I'll also give Jim 10% to support the site IF I end up selling the boxes.

"These are the times that try mens souls" - Thomas Paine
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
my 2cents re the where and how is... to do it how you want .. but please try and do it right!

- a seller like most any peep selling whatever from apples to zebras, including cars,collectibles,petrolina,realestate,etc to name a few... should as is normally done, at least put an asking price on their items .. if its not liked or agreeable, then an interested party can make the seller an offer if they wish

- one should also do it in the proper place... if here on "primarily petrolina" it should be in the boards "for sale" column, as this page is just a "general petrolina discussion" page

for what its worth [which probably isnt much] thats my take

just a personal note: usually for a number of various reasons... if someone says make an offer to me, it is most often rediculously low

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
steveinlanc........i have to agree for the most part about ebay however i think a better spot to advertise would be like a mechanics forum or even Snap- On themselve's may have some ideas where to find these collectors......even Mechanics Illustraed or other related publications may help sell it..............
i get asked all the time for offers even from some seasoned collectors & it does'nt bother me as i will start low like ynot says & then we can negotiate from there .... some times I even get the piece cheaper than i thought it would be priced....

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ynot - you're probably right about this now being in the wrong forum, but it sort of evolved to where it is as a part of the discussion. I generally try not to post the same thing in multiple threads, and just let a post go where it goes. And since, as you pointed out, I have no set asking price, we're really just talking until someone puts money on the table.

Roadrelics - I have visited a few other forums, especially dragster-related, where this might garner more salivation. But despite having been beaten up in here on a few occasions, this is where I feel at home, and I feel an affinity with the other members here by virtue of digging oily and gassy things moreso than wheels and engines. I like to get the most I can for a thing when I finally decide to let it go, but I'm not quite a whore either. The folks in here remind me most of my beloved brethren on the Oldtools list (a few of which I suspect of lurking in here), and, frankly, I like to keep it in the family... another reason that ebay is my port of last resort

"These are the times that try mens souls" - Thomas Paine
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't sell ALL of your old toys for 1 New one, She might not let you buy more toys later !
LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steveinlac
I'm really glad your not quite a whore also, nice to see guys keeping it in the Family however i didn't think trying other options would make you one

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved