Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Have a Bennett 607 I finally am going to restore after sitting in my shop for 4 years. I know these things aren't worth much, but the lid on this one is somewhat unusual - one I haven't seen much. Pic is below. Anyone have any info on how rare these are? Or how common? Just interested to know.

Doug

IMG_2843.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have 3 of those lids and two I have the dispensers they came off. Imo the gargoyle is one of the rare cast lids that was used I've only seen a couple since I started collecting.

image.jpeg

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The one with the torch is fairly common. Heres a couple others I have. I have about 10 total?

Pumps and parts 002.JPG Pumps and parts 003.JPG Lubester Lids & sale items 010.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Love the way the torch one is painted. Think I'll give that a try!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
For your information your oil dispenser was introduced in 1931 (there is no way to determine when it was actually made) and was still in production in 1959. The 607 had a 60-gallon tank and a shipping weight of 140 lbs.

The fact that it has a Standard Oil lid means that Standard ordered a large enough units that Bennett made a special Standard lid for them. This was not uncommon, the more you purchased the more we'll do.

Again for informational purposes, these lids are not interchangeable between manufacturers. Each company had different measurements for the hinge, where the lock went, etc.

If you would like to see pictures of your unit this is what on my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20highboys.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice lids Kevin and John. I got to find a gargoyle one! Without the lubester attached to it! LOL

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Jack-

Thanks for the info. My lubester still has the ID tag on it, don't know if this can tell date it was made?

IMG_2844.JPG

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved