Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Old Gassers,

I have a vintage sign I just put on ebay. It's from Wisconsin and in really great shape. From the '50s, made in really small quantities, maybe twenty or so from what I can tell. If you are interested, it's ebay auction 331660665532 . It's already started and will end this coming Sunday.

Description:

<<< "DEMAND BUTTER" VINTAGE ADVERTISING SIGN >>>

For sale, this vintage 1953 painted metal sign. This sign was commissioned in low quantities by Tom Tobola of Cadott, WI. He was the owner of Tobola Motors and wanted to support American farmers, especially those in Wisconsin. The sign is also marked with AMDYAD Co Inc on the front. I'm not sure exactly what that stands for but I'm assuming its "American Diary Advertising Co". Margarine was a threat to milk producers. Depending on the state, laws differed against margarine, such as not allowing it to be dyed yellow or sold at all. If your not familiar with the history, please search "margarine" in Wikipedia, it's really interesting.

This sign was never put up and is in great shape. I'm not sure how many were actually put up but not many, there was some issues with costs/permitting so this specific sign never went up. If your looking for a rare sign, this is it, Id estimate less than 20 were made but I cant be sure! Light rust in a few spots on front, some small light scratches, back of sign has surface rust. Please see pictures. It's painted metal with a wood silver colored frame. The white demand butter lettering is reflective, definitely a professionally built sign, not homemade or anything like that. Beautiful bright colors, great sign. It's 8 foot by 4 foot, weighs about 50 pounds. With crating I'm estimating weight at the high end as 175 lbs, probably be way less than that.

I WILL BE HAPPY TO CRATE AND SHIP THIS FOR YOU! The ship calculator doesnt work well for freight, needs to be manually calculated. The cost varies depending on your location, not a big deal, I ship freight all the time. I quoted a few different locations to get an idea on cost ($218 to San Francisco, $200 to Dallas, $260 to NYC, $188 to Atlanta, $170 to Detroit). That was to residential addresses if you have a business address to ship to it will ship even cheaper. International shipping may work too, may get price prohibitive for shipping. If you are interested in the sign, I will quote the costs to ship, I need your zip code and if its a residential or commercial address. I'll crate it for $40 if it ships and we do a good job. I'm in Green Bay, WI, feel free to pick up if you want or just check it out. If your not too far delivery may be an option too, need to discuss that before purchase. Sign cannot leave my possesion until cleared payment is recieved. Payment is expected within five days of purchase.

If you have questions at all, ping me Ill get back to you.

Butter1.jpg

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Butter sign auction ends this Sunday! Who doesn't like butter? Bid now!

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
It is a beautiful sign :) Good luck selling!

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Where is the sign in WI?
Near Millwauke?

RIP Kiwi

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved