Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#631679 Thu Oct 01 2015 11:37 AM
K
Kuriso Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Back with another question. I've seen a couple of these cool little signs. Are these original signs or fantasy/repop signs. I've tried to find more info on them but not much luck yet.

$_12[1].JPG
Mobiloil BB Bottle

$_12[1].JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm not trying to give a newcomer a hard time... but you are posting topics without reading the advice you are being given in your previous topics.

the item you posted above is seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331652580025

its been recommended that you view seller's 'Other' items and 'Completed' items when evaluating authenticity. One click would have given you a clear cut answer on this sign:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/highway-collecti...=p2046732.m1684

(also, the rusty back is a dead giveaway)

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
K
Kuriso Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, you are right. I guess I could of glanced over those other items. I could have taken your previous response as an answer for this piece as well but I questioned what I originally thought about this sign.

I had watched this piece end and I figured it was what it was. Today I had seen a couple more listed. Did some googling and seen some weathered and beat up ones. I some what second guessed what I thought and only wanted to confirm my suspicions.

Plus I wanted to create a post with searchable terms and an image to go along with it so that future searchers could have their answers. I am attaching images to these post (not just links) hoping they will stay active and not fade away once deleted from other hosting sites. I have been using the google search for this forum before I ask. I didn't see a post about these and figured it would be helpful for myself and hopefully someone else in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
David, this thread/your thread will be moved backwards in the natural progression of how the 'Site works..

That is one of the reasons that Jim; developed the "Unmarked Reproduction and Fantasy Petro Photo Album"... If you place your photos in the Album with a short description; everyone will be able to access them.

Much easier on you and others trying to determine if they are looking for/at a correct thread; to get the information, you are sharing....

Bob

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved